Map Rotation

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shagz @ Aug. 02 2004,10:33)]re: kicking in general...CS, when do you think you'll be on next?  We really should try and figure out what the kicking problem is.  Kraniac, have you actually sucessfully kicked any one yet?
I can be online between 9am and 1pm EST. just set me a time for me to be online and we'll get this hashed out. I can log in and it says admin by my name. but every command I type in just disappears and nothing happens. If I typed the string in wrong it comes up and tells me that it's an unrecognized command.
also I can be online at 1am to 3am.

Let's make it 1am, as I'm at work from 9am to 1pm. Uh...but not tonight. Kraniac - can you give us details on what it is you did to boot somebody in-game? Just want to follow your steps to see if it's the steps or just an isolated problem with CS (or me for that matter, as I haven't tried to kick anyone yet).

S.

kick me , kick me
tounge.gif

Web access.

I went to the web access IP, logged in, clicked on "Player List", checked next to the loser, and clicked "Kick/Ban Selected" or something like that at the bottom.

I'll be online tonight about 1am to 1:15am. I'll stay logged in during that time. It shouldn't take long to get it figured out I hope. later.
I just feel so kicked around lately.
biggrin.gif

re: web access...yea, that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure that all players in the game have a unique ID number that identifies them, and you have to kick with that number I think. Through the web access it works because the server knows the numbers or whatever, but it's tricky by the web.

CS, I'll hope on tonight with you, see if we can sort this out.

S.

Just FYI guys, we got this whole kicking thing sorted out. It was just a permissions issue. All admins should be able to kick from in-game now (ADMIN KICK <player name>). If you can't, just let me know.

Next step: getting UTVote back up and config'd to limit the options, and then try getting our chat filter/super admin in place.

Hey Tek, how are things? Move went good?

Yes, we've been busy while you've been away. A summary:

- UTVote and Unreal Admin Mutator (UAM) installed. UTVote allows for map and game-type voting. I wrote a new config file for the system, I *think* Plankeye has changed the cron jobs on the server to use this new config file. If you join the server and you don't see the UTVote logo pop up or you don't have to download the UAM or UTVote server packages, then he hasn't yet. Anyways, it's good. UAM allows chat filtering and gives admins a host of new options as far as disciplining players is concerned. Check the server admin forum for details.

- We have a officially sanctioned game night every week, that being Sunday evenings at 10pm EST. Join us next time if you can!

- On a personal note, I just moved (again) and I won't be back online for a couple more weeks. We've got the internet set up and stuff, but the room that will eventually house my PC and stuff has a paint job that needs to cure. So I'll be outta commish for a bit.

- As for other game type nights, I've assigned Kraniac to setting up a DM night. Right now it's looking like Saturday nights, but don't quote me on that until he sorts it out.

Think that's it at the moment...check the server admin forum, there's a doc in there that we're working on, appreciate your input/approval.

Well I tried to change the gametype to dm with the utvote and it locked up the server, I figured it would reset its self but not yet. the dm change screen came up and then it locked. oops., CS

Well, I don't know what you did, but I brought it back up, and then took it down again (Plank shuts the server down on Tuesdays). We'll try it again on Wed.

Man, CS, I don't know what's wrong with you but you seem to come up with all the crashes!
biggrin.gif

The UT server does not stop anymore on tuesdays. Something else is causing it to bomb out. Check the log files and let me know if you need me to look into it.

Well, I restarted it again last night, switch to DM and played Antulas, 1-on-1 Albatross, Inferno and a couple other maps with some other players and didn't have any problems what so ever. I checked the log file before I restarted it for that session and I didn't see any catastrophic messages in there indicating why the server may have crashed before. I let it go and then it switched back to ONS (the default game type) and later JFreak, Kidan and others were on there. Didn't see any problems. Checked it this morning, it's still up and running fine.

What are you guys doing to this poor server??
smile.gif
There might be one thing that I haven't done, and that's set up a default map list for Deathmatch and the other game types, but like I said, it ran fine last night, even after I let it go and revert back to ONS, so....<shurg>

Oh, BTW, I have internet access at home again, but I won't be around on Sunday night. Toronto Film Fest is in town and I got me some flicks to see. Should be around at random times through out the rest of the week though.

oh boy , i'm going to try to change to a dm map. watch me crash it. lol.
Cold Steel experiments again.
blues.gif

Cold Steel changes his name to CrashServerKing.
Well I went online and changed the server to dm antalus. I then tried to change it to ctf and it said that there must be two players so it wouldn't let me. So after about 5 minutes in the dm game I tried to change it to assault - robotfactory , it said changing game to assault and then the ip-map come up and it wouldn't connect after about 4 minutes it kicked me out to the connection lost screen and the server was locked. oops.
CrashServerKing has done it again. sorry guys, I guess i'll just have to stop trying. I'll let you know if it resets it's self. CS

Back