Making Money!

Dasavur

So...I have been playing WoW since April but I have never really gotten the whole money making buisness down. Does anyone have any suggestions?:)

Skins, Herbs, Enchanting Mats.

Pick two and run with it. Just don't plan on having your own "profession".

At least I hear this method works rather well, I am way too lazy to run around gathering for a living outside of what I use in professions.

Playing the auction house is said to be a money maker as well..again, I can't see spending time "playing the market".

If you are of level, farm for Felcloth. The guys that drop it have a decent drop rate on greens as well to vendor or disenchant.

One way of doing it (if you tolerate many many runs to the nearest AH):

Never sell any items (of white or better value) to the vendor. Rather, sell them (in small stacks) on the AH. Often, the AH value of an item is at least double that of the vendor. Takes patience, but I know many players with that philosophy and they're all richer than me.

1st get http://www.wowecon.com/
2nd as you level get 2 gathering professions, skinning and herb gathering is great.
3rd sell everything you get at the auction house slightly below market value, buyout is your friend.
4th be very frugile when actually spending the money at the AH. never buy above market and no impulse buying.

Alright..I don't know if I should say this or not but here goes...

Mining...

Explanation:

With a mining skill of merely 50 I have made 37g by Level 22 on an alt...completely by myself, no outside help (Save for 3 six slot bags and one 14, though they have little impact). Here is the reasoning/secret.

A stack of Copper Bars sells, on average, for about 90s. The reason this sells is because high level raiding guilds need repair bots and one of the key ingridients for repair bots is Fused Wiring. "What does Fused Wiring have to do with Copper Bars?" Easy. Fused Wiring cannot be manufactured, only farmed. The second easiest way to farm it is to kill robotic units (mostly in Gnomeregan) and they sometimes drop it. The easiest is if you are an engineer, then you can make Basic Target Dummies. When the Dummy is used it breaks after the time limit expires and drops random engineering parts. Out of 100 Dummies you get about 12-17 Fused Wiring. To make 100 Dummies you need 500 Copper Bars...see where I am going?

So, take mining early on new alts and as you find a copper node, make a B'line, cap it, then continue on your merry way :0)

1. This is Kirk, not Shuranda.
2. Two gather skills FTW. Samage took Herbs/Skin and made plenty of $$.
3. Mining is better. Not only for the previous post reason, but because raw ore and gems will be needed for TBC gemcrafting.

Over the past year and a half, Vicky and I have accumulated and are sitting on over 3000 gold between our mains, alts and mules on Terenas alliance. (And both our mains have already purchased epic mounts).

This comes from many sources:
* At least a third of it comes from "playing the market" (when I login and don't have time to quest/instance/raid/grind). This is purely me.
* Around a third of it comes from simple gathering (mining, herbalism, skinning, disenchanting) that comes naturally while questing, leveling, etc. Both Vicky and I do this.
* The rest of it is miscellaneous: selling every gray item to a vendor (instead of letting it rot on a corpse), gold that comes from killing humanoids (especially in instances), not buying anything for our own use (gearing up via instances instead), etc, etc, etc.

Long story short: it's not hard, and there are multiple routes. The most common path, IMHO, it the simple gathering route. Herbalism, especially. Dreamfoil is king!

To save time, I just mail everything that is AH-able to one of several of our mules (categorized), so my main/alt doesn't have to worry about dropping into town to sell stuff. Our mules alone probably have over 20 days /played time collectively, granted, over 1.5 years. :)

Back