Macro help.

cheeseo

I was playing with my priest and I thought it was kind of pointless to have all those holy spells in my primary action bar and was wondering if someone on here might be able to show me a macro that will both place me in shadowform and switch my action bar, and will also remove me from shadowform when pressed again and switch my action bar back. Can anyone help me with this? (I have no clue how to make complicated macros like this)

If you are using the default UI, press "Shift 2" to change the default action bar to the secondary bar. Here you can put all your shadow\damage spells. When you switch out from shadow, press "Shift 1" to reset back to the holy\healing (uber) bar.

That would be the easiest, non-macro way to do it.

I just found bongo bars, but haven't tried them yet, secondly the reason that "shift 2, shift 1" idea won't work is because I already have those key combonations bound to other positions >_< so I am still at a bit of a loss. if I were to use your idea GP, I would need to set everything on my sixth bar, and I don't even use the 6 key on my normal bar, I have that bound to a mouse button :p

yes I know that odale ;) anywho, I got bongo bars, and I must say I do love them, I will see how this turns out, and from the looks of things it's going to go well, thank you odale.

If you are on tonight I can help you, its kinda complicated. Ill get on Oddbob my priest.

afraid I probably won't be on for a long period (longer then 5 min.) untill tomorow. I took a look at it and everything seems kinda simple, it's going to take some getting used to, but oh well. also, I found a priest addon that does exactly what I described, so if this dosn't work out I can always try that.

Sounds all so complicated. Where did simplicity get left behind?

Trinity bars is really nice. Click your Shadowmeld button and your primary action bar changes to a stance bar. Click off Shadowform and your primary action bar changes back to your default set up.

You could write a bunch of macro's so that if you press 1 and you are in shadowform, you cast mind blast on your target, and if you are not in shadow form, it heals your target. Those are easy and not mod dependant. And what's really neat about the macro idea, is that when you are in non-shadow form, all the buttons icons will be the appropriate icon for the non-shadow form spell. And when you switch to shadowform, the icons change to the icon that is associated with the shadowform spell. But it is harder to make UI changes when using macros for everything.

I am not a very big add-on fan, so I google WoW Macros, and I get this site called WoWmacros.com or something to that affect, and I get some awesome macros.

Back