Looking for some good Wii download games :)

Logos

Okay I have quite a few extra game points from special orders and other things...anyways. I have Secret of Mana and Cave story right now...are there any other VC games or Wiiware games that anyone might suggest as GOOD. :) I am a big Mega man fan and Zelda fan so I am thinking of getting those also just wasn't for sure if there was something newer or might be preferred over another. :) Opinions are welcome. You might even want to list you fav VC/WiiWare games...

I've purchased and downloaded:
  • Bubble Bobble (NES)
  • City Connection (NES)
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
  • LostWinds (WiiWare)
  • Mario Kart 64 (N64)
  • River City Ransom (NES)
  • Star Fox 64 (N64)
  • Streets of Rage 2 (Genesis)
  • Super Mario World (SNES)
  • Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
I just received a 2000 Nintendo Point gift card today. I intend to buy Cave Story and stash the other points for a future release.

Yeah, Cave Story is really good. I haven't had a chance to play ALOT of it, but what I have is good. Thanks tek for the list, I had actually forgot about Streets of rage. :)

2500 Wii points to use :D

Okay so I have 2500 wii points to use for some games...any thoughts...THERE are some really nice looking WiiWare games too I have noticed...although I am thinking of definitely getting Zelda:Link to the Past (Which is by far still my fave zelda game.)

Is lost winds any good? I can't seem to decide on that one...
It's an excellent game, but very short (only 2-3 hours of gameplay). I haven't played the sequel yet, but I enjoyed the first game.

I received it as a gift from a friend, so I can't comment on whether or not it's worth the cost ($10, if I remember correctly). My interest in the game was partially academic: I wanted to see what a third party did with the WiiWare platform. (LostWinds was one of the earliest well-reviewed third-party WiiWare games.)

If you're still looking for recommendations, I would like to point you to the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games if you haven't played them already. They're not the cheapest in the lot, but I'm very pleased with what I've experienced so far. It's an excellent change of pace from most games outside the PC market, and it has great style and direction. In terms of potentially problematic content, you've got a medium as a major character, maybe a few minor profanities (I'm not recalling them, but it wouldn't surprise me if they're there), some animated cleavage, and a few murders. Still, the detective/courtroom drama feel, combined with solid point-and-click adventure gameplay, works out really well. Execution ain't quite perfect, though. It's a very quick and dirty port of the GBA build of the game, and pointer controls are not built in. Kinda weak, but it's still a good game if you haven't played it before.

Back