Let's pick some new themes for the forums!

It looks like there were two Splash themes but they look dramatically different.

Tek7 posted this one first and Ursen posted that he liked Splash
Pixel Exit Splash: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/splash-pixelexit-com.1875/

After Ursen posted his comment, Tek7 posted the following link asking if this is the Splash he's talking about.
XenSplash: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xensplash.542/

So, which Splash are we referring to?

FWIW, I'm leaning towards either PixelExit's Splash or Core themes. The Core theme's page says it can be customized for both light and dark themes. I'm not sure about PixelExit's Splash.

We should probably narrow it down to three choices then put up a poll for a couple of weeks.

I like Pixel Exit Splash most.

XenSplash is really pretty, but I can't shake "aquatic" from my mind, and that's not really what I think of when I think of CGA. (I mean, unless we're going super symbolic and saying that the aquatic aesthetic is derived from the water of baptism.)

Aleron makes a good point on the flexibility/light-dark option of PE's Core theme, though. I could see that being pretty appealing for many.

I'm fine with whatever the community decides since we'll be paying for the theme (assuming we settle on a paid theme and I think we should because it increases the probability of the theme getting updated for future revisions of XenForo).

I also agree with @Aleron that we should narrow it down to a few choices (say, 3-4?) then put up a poll.

I'm leaning toward Core because it would allow forum users to easily select a dark theme if they prefer.

Splash looks great, too.

For me, it's a toss-up between Core and Splash.

xenSplash is nice, but it's a little too blue for my tastes.

Am i going to be able to keep CGA Dark & Red?
Most certainly! We won't be removing any of the current themes, though I do plan on changing the default to whatever theme we purchase after we buy it and get it installed.

But changing themes is super easy in XenForo so you can stick with what you're used to. :)

Would anyone like to nominate any themes in addition to Core, Splash, and xenSplash?

If not, I'll plan to post a poll thread later this week. Here's hoping my short-term memory holds out...

Would anyone like to nominate any themes in addition to Core, Splash, and xenSplash?

If not, I'll plan to post a poll thread later this week. Here's hoping my short-term memory holds out...
Aaand it didn't.

I'll make that thread now.

Back