Latest Husky vid

I'm actually surprised a bit that isn't a more common build at least at start. I thought the Zerg where all about expanding fast, and being aggressive with mass numbers of disposable units. I mean up to the point he had the Protoss contained in his base it was valid past that it looks like he completely failed to adapt, be tier'ing up or have any preparations ready to adapt (like having more bases mining or gas stocked up). Seems like at that point he should have done one or more of the following...

Back seat driver's option incoming :p :
1. The obvious, gone air (like Husky mentioned).

2. He had over 3/4 of the map under his control at the Protoss contain but only 2 bases seems like a missed opportunity to expand big time.

3. Done an overlord drop with lings avoiding the main Protoss force at the ramp. They wouldn't have had to gone far just over a ridge. Seems like this either would have killed some probes, caused him to draw off some forces from the ramp or possibly have sandwiched the main Protoss force on the ramp with lings behind and the queens in front. You could say he failed becuase he didn't or couldn't continue the aggression to maintain the contain.

4. I didn't see for sure but I didn't think the Protoss had Observers when he first got contained? Could the Zerg have got burrowing, drawn the Protoss down the ramp and then popped the lings out behind or to the side?

I wouldn't have built so many spine crawlers or placed them quite so near the ramp, that would have given him extra minerals to at least to expand or upgrade elsewhere. Plus I wouldn't have pushed the ramp as much as he did you just aren't getting up it with force fields. It also looked like he wasn't really buying new buildings/upgrades when he had the chance. Even if you aren't planing to build the actually unit you can't catch up time wise so I'd think you need to already have some alternatives researched. Anyway an observers opinion.

Last edited:
Zerg should never win in that situation, its like cheese, you should only lose to it once. Since its a slow cheese, it gives the opponent too much time to figure out the answer. 1 Void ray to sneak to the back, would have won that alot faster. Range was the obvious solution, because zerg have the shortest range in the game.

Zerg really should have teched up after the contain instead of trying to look cool finishing it off with just queens.

I don't think the Zerg player was concerned with winning so much as trying a new and wacky build. I have to admit, I'd love to try that some time and have it go half that well.

Back