Keep Take Poll

Keep Take Poll - Where would you like to take a keep?

• 1. Abermenai

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • 2. Thidranki

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3. Murdaigean

• 4. Caledonia

• 5. Midgard Keep

• 6. Hibernia Keep

• 7. Retake Albion Keep

• Total voters

Icthus

Based on last night guild meeting, I was thinking of putting together a raid. I was wondering where we would have the most interest.

Not to mention I love polls.

I need Caledonia because you get +1 to all your stats when you complete a battleground quest. Other than that, I'll be more than happy to assist in keep retake in any realm or situation.

I vote Caledonia as well - only level 32, don't know if I'd be a lot of help in main RvR.

I'll happily tag along on any keep-taking, though. Icthuus can teach me more about fighting as a necromancer.
biggrin.gif

To be honest, that's what I was told in game.  I'm going to double check that and let you know if that is the case or not.  If all you get from a battleground quest is experience and nothing more, then it may not be worth massing an effort.  I'll try and keep you posted.

Even so, it would be awesome to mount a group to go raiding something together.

battleground update: (I got this as a response to my question on the catacombs forums.) Still, it might be fun to practice our realming together. Especially now that I've learned that my 'body' ward helps to reduce to hit chance and lasting effects of poisons, snares, and mezs.

There are 3 requirements for the quest in each of the battle grounds.

#1 you have to be in the lvl range +1(so 15-20 for bg0, 20 - 25 for bg1, 25-30 for bg2 and 30-36 for bg3)

#2 you have to take part in the capture of the Keep, in the respective battle ground.

#3 you have to cap in realm points for that battle ground.(realm points can be obtained in other places, but you must reach the cap while in the lvl range)

1 exception is that in BG3 the cap is 7125 but you only need 5100 to turn in the quest.

Reward = a set amount of experience that is enough for 1 free lvl at 19,24,29,or 35 respectivly.

So it looks as though the stats increase may have just been a rumor.

Free level is not a rumor. I got it with icthuus. Problme was I had to spend more time in BG's getting cap then i would have out leveling. I think that is a necro only problem however. I could level in under two hours as a necro in the 30's. Took about 4 to cap, but once i figured out best way to fight there it went quickly. Secrete in bgs is to not hit anything twice. Then you get points for everything you hit. (Hopes no one from mythic reads our boards and bans me).

My only options due the the characters I have available are a keep where a /level 20 would work, or a 'big league' keep with Aijalon.

Battleground and merchant keep quests are definitely worthwhile...IF you are going to be in BGs anyway. If you just want to level you will be able to get the exp faster in other places.

After my adventure in Caledonia last night, taking the keep there is going to take some selective timing and possibly luck. The battleground was absolutely swarming with /level 30 hiblets.

The farthest I got out of the portal keep was the riverbank - otherwise, we spent the whole night pinned at the keep.

Well the benefit and purpose of our Cale gathering won't necessarily be for taking the keep, since that's already going to be a difficult task. I recommend doing it to help each other gain realm points. That way, we can get our realm abilities that we can use for PvE adventures together.

If you take a keep with a merchant on the frontier- Bledmeer or DC and you are between 45 and 47 it is that same as a BG take. You have to get 7500 points I think to cap it. I did it but could not get reward because I realized it after 47.
sad.gif

I might be wrong on the low end. Could be 40.

Back