Just a thought...

Odale

Recently I have been wondering why there are usually more Destruction players than Order players.

I have come up with some reasons and I am sure a few of you have heard some of them.

1. Destruction classes look cooler to the average MMO player.
  2. They are the "bad boy (or girl)" faction.
  3. (This is not as significant as the others but still weighs in somewhat) Their mounts are "cooler" than Order's are.
  4. The Biggie - The game portrays Destruction as stronger or superior than/to Order.
For number 4, what I mean is in every Order starting zone, Destruction is attacking and Order is defending. High elves are defending against invading Dark Elves, Empire is defending their lands from 4+ invasion forces of Chaos, Dwarves are at a stalemate with Greenskins everywhere.

In the Destro staring zones, Dark Elves are taking in High Elves as slaves, Chaos is invading an Empire town and killing it's members, and the Greenskins are attacking a Dwarf outpost with Orcapults.

Need I mention the intro movie?

I was thinking about this for most of this week when I was not focusing on school. Finding this post in Warhammer alliance made me post it:

Wouldnt think order is being cowardly either way Imo. Its more like there is a whole stampede going full of orcs etc..You guys gave time to watch the cinematic you will know what i mean...Perfectly signifies what is going on now
icon_biggrin.gif
here is the vid either way.

WAR Intro

Question is where is your King, he is your savior after all, if it happens...

Oh yea this vid is definitely in Destro's favor no wonder why noobs like to roll Destro classes 1st it is just my own hypothesis..
In truth it did convince me to roll Destro first
confused.gif
Discuss.

Last edited:
Destruction quests are funner. Greenskin is very funny whilst order seems like a hodge podge of "go find this person" who...surprise!?...is dead and surrounded by 20 angry mobs to kill.

I think males outweigh females who play the game probably due to the level of competition. What guy wants to walk around as a girly man elf when he can be a confident and cunning dark elf. And then there are the dwarves that don't seem to have a cool factor to them. I think the design of order was just very poor in comparison to destruction. People will play what they think is cool and there are many more cool things on the destro side. The recent conversion of a WH to be more like a WE might have been a hint that WE were giving destro an advantage in scenarios and small group combat.

The recent conversion of a WH to be more like a WE might have been a hint that WE were giving destro an advantage in scenarios and small group combat.
This was in the same thread:
...Where as a WE can be successful by binding 105 keys to Slice and rolling their face on their keyboard.

So for those just joining us, "aosubfgqqqwoaeuhnb4fo0ip[ihpi[ih[-19rhpie[iohqgj2t78gh3bopruj" is the I WIN button.
Its funny and could be accurate.

ok, i laughed for really real at that. As for why people choose what they choose? I don't know, nor does it really matter. I just went where I knew the guild was already planning to go. Playing with my old friends and making new ones was the draw for me.

Destro classes do NOT all look cooler than order classes. Who needs to be a fat orc that carries an enlaged 2x4 and hits you with a scrap of metal? Who wants to be a dark elf when they look just like the high elves... sissies. But really, all you need is the hat, the pistol, and the sword.

And about the cinematic... I think that Mythic should have put a WH in where the sorc freezes the SW, who comes in, and blasts away the sorc with his gun... that would have been cool.

I don't know, I never even thought about rolling Destro... Sherri told me that her and Randy, (along with the rest of you and some I knew but didn't know played...) were all on the order side. I play the game to hang out and meet people, if there's a Christian place to do that, with friends I already have. I'm in.

Back