Just a question....

URACorpse

When does everyone play and where now?
When I get on to play (usually in the evenings) I'll check the GFC server and if anyone is on I will come in. Otherwise I'll generally go to either the big or dm CC source server.

After 12/21 I will be on in the evenings (after 9:30pm EST) up until Jan 8th, when school starts back in.

NOTE: This message was posted from the computers at CrossWay Christian Supply. WOOT! hehehe

hehe until January 7th I wont be playing much at all as I will be visiting family and friends up north and checking out new schools.

Also, Ura, check your email, in the next couple days you should recieve one from me. (SHould be by Monday at the latest)

Yep, I meant the 1.6 server. I know what you mean Hes about CC but atleast it's a place to play source without having to put up with a lot of cussing.

Anyhow, to rephrase a bit; When are any of us usually on the 1.6 server? I want to try to make a point to atleast drop in if anyone is on.

well as per the vote i am going to be putting up a passworded source server..most likely after Christmas as i have a phone system(based around a linux server of course) to build..:)

linux,,,,,after working with it a great deal at work I got to say I still like Windows :)
Anyways, I have a source server I'm playing with at home. Don't know how good it will be, but it's at 66.79.21.54:27017 if anyone wants to drop in.

Linux isn't a desktop operating system. However for servers it can't be beat(unless you are using big iron then it's one of the various UNIXes). for ease of installation and setup it's windows, For maximum performance and security it's Linux..<G>

Actually we use Linux (RHEL ES) for some military simulations including JCATS, CBS, SIMPLE, ETSIU, and JDLM to name just a few. JCATS uses RHEL WS for it's clients but CBS uses Windows for it's clients. We also us Windows2003 to run our domain servers and DOD security software which I admin. Red Hat actually does have a version of Linux that is designed for desktops use but we don't go below the workstation version. What I have found is as far as stability my personal opinion is both OS's have their ups and downs. I've seen both have problems and find it a little funny, since I admit I'm predominatly a Windows fan, that to ensure things are accepted by Linux correctly all the time you often need to close your terminal window and open a new one. Something I've never had to do in any Win OS.

But I think the bottom line is most people prefer the OS they are most comfortable and familiar with.

Hmmm... I'm writing this on my laptop, I wonder how Linux will do if I install it on here? :)

I have never had to close my terminal window to make sure things are accepted. I'm willing to be it's the application and not the os on that one. Laptops can work ok except for one area..wireless. the only open source wifi chipset is atheros.

Linux isn't a desktop operating system. However for servers it can't be beat(unless you are using big iron then it's one of the various UNIXes). for ease of installation and setup it's windows, For maximum performance and security it's Linux..<G>
i use linux for my desktop os and it performs fantastically the hardware is scavenged randomly from the trash ium running ubuntu i still have yet to learn all the commands and such but im beginning to get my feet wet and i love linux. i love how if something doesnt work there is always a command or program that can fix it.

Back