It's too quiet in #cga. Come chat it up.

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
WHO: Anyone who can behave themselves.

WHAT: Real-time community chat.

WHEN: Now's as good a time as any.

WHERE: #cga on GameSurge IRC Network

WHY: Meet and get to know other Christian Gamers Alliance community members.

HOW: Download an IRC client like mIRC or XChat, join the GameSurge network, and join channel #cga.

I have set my IM client to join this channel when it starts. I've never actually spoken to anyone on it in 2 or 3 weeks of joining. I don't suppose anyone else is in or close GMT timezone?

Ah well.. maybe when I finish uni and have more time to stay up on IRC :)

I have set my IM client to join this channel when it starts. I've never actually spoken to anyone on it in 2 or 3 weeks of joining.
I idle in the channel any time my desktop computer is up and running, though I often forget to check in and see if anyone is in the channel. I've gotten so used to a lack of activity that I don't think of the channel as often as I should.

/bump

Resurrecting an old thread instead of starting a new one with the same purpose.

I'm idling in #cga right now and not even my IRC pal blackgravity is in the channel.

:(

I had the PC off last night, I was at my folks' house til around 12'ish eating and doing some laundry, but I am usually at least idling. Sometimes my son is in there banging away on the gibberish keys. :D

/bump

Figured it would be better to bump an old thread than start a new one.

This is typing. TS is vocalizing. It's totally better for people who come home with sore throats from talking to people all day :D

This is typing. TS is vocalizing. It's totally better for people who come home with sore throats from talking to people all day :D
And we have an automated trivia bot, thanks to blackgravity.

Last edited:
Also, whenever I'm not in there, anyone can download the bot and run it. Just make sure to turn it off if I am in there, or I can turn mine off. Two trivia bots going at once is NUTS!

I WENT THERE AND YOU WERENT THERE TEK :(
:(

I use my laptop for chat exclusively these days, so when I close the lid, I disconnect from IM and IRC.

But whenever I'm on and have Trillian loaded, you'll find me in #cga. :D

/bump

There's a party in #cga right now. Yes, Ember and I are a sufficient guest list to comprise a party.

We're still on GameSurge and the Mibbit link in my signature still works.

Well, we don't have a trivia bot any more :)() and I no longer have a link to our IRC channels in my signature, but the #cga and #toj channels are still active. Unfortunately, I'm the only regular in the channels.

So let's see if we can get another 2-3 day temporary surge of activity in our IRC channels with a bump post.

BUMP POST.

I like IRC... at least conceptually.

While is is the CGA channel in question, I noticed that there's a "group chat room" in Steam created for any gaming groups. Does anyone use the ToJ one?

Would there be any merit in creating (if there isn't one already) a CGA Steam group?

I like IRC... at least conceptually.

While is is the CGA channel in question, I noticed that there's a "group chat room" in Steam created for any gaming groups. Does anyone use the ToJ one?

Would there be any merit in creating (if there isn't one already) a CGA Steam group?
Inviting more than 2-3 people to a Steam chat room is a hassle, so the ToJ Steam Group chat room has been vacant for a long while now.

It's easy for me to sign on to IRC since I use Trillian (which also supports Facebook Chat, AIM, Yahoo IM, Windows Live, and other networks), but I understand that others may not find it as convenient.

I need to get Trillian again.

Regarding Steam... I click the triangle next to the group name and hit join group chat. Didn't realize inviting needed to happen for it.

Inviting more than 2-3 people to a Steam chat room is a hassle, so the ToJ Steam Group chat room has been vacant for a long while now.

And thanks to Kendrik's post, I just discovered if you go to your groups and click on the group chat, you automatically enter. So, no invites are actually necessary... That may be something that needs to be made known to the ToJ peoples so we can actually get some action going on and such.

I believe I shall, shall we say, chill there for a while. Much more convenient than keeping an extra monitor open to see if anyone has appeared in IRC, and/or installing chat software (also I can game while I chat...)

Back