Important new raid class:

Flamethrøwer

Comic Relief

This role is best filled by a dps. The dps should be good enough for the raid, but not top the dps meters. For best results, roll a gnome. Anyone interested in playing a Comic must be prepared for the fact that they will most likely never be a raid leader.

The serious Comic Reliefer will do the following:
1. Level Engineering. Engineering IS the best-in-slot profession for a Comic. Sure, it can provide "useful" items like a repair bot or vendor butler, but here are some of the real items you will need:
- Crashin' Thrashin' Robot
- any variety of mechanical pet
- Steam Tonk Controller
- Rocket Boots for running in circles (some also claim it provides useful stats, but whatever)
- Hand Mounted Pyro Rocket (for shooting insects and critters)

2. Do your holidays. Holiday events are serious business to the devoted Comic. These events provide many items that you really shouldn't be raiding without. The opportunity to change raid members into animals, shower someone with flower petals, or put out a keg that will inevitably get the whole raid smashed (except a raid leader or two who is desperately trying to make sure that you know the fight).

3. Know your summons. No, I'm not talking about summoning stones or warlocks. You need to know which items to bring with you that can summon that extra raid member to help you get through those long boss fight explanations. A good Comic should be able to summon a different thing for every 1 or 2 bosses. Look out for:
- Brewfest mugs (try and use these farther apart from each other to avoid repetition); summons Brewmaidens
- Archmage Vargoth's Staff, summons Image of Archmage Vargoth
- Low level Darkmoon Decks, summons a representative of the Darkmoon Faire

4. The Wonderworks. You'd set your hearth there if you could. This is the serious Comic's first priority. Flasks, food buffs, and repair money are all secondary. Stocked with items such as train sets, paper zeppelins, and other works of wonder, this shop is a must-visit before any raid.

5. Throwables. We're talking Happy Fun Ball, Snowballs, Paper Zeppelins, and the like. For good results, bring enough to entirely fill someone else's bags slots. For best results, fill up the bags of the raider you will competing for gear with.

6. Random quests. You share them. Every time. For this aspect of playing a Comic, you'll want to try and find the most obscure quest possible. The lower level, the better. Be careful not to complete them, or you can't share them again.

7. Know your emotes. A good Comic has a list of all usable emotes and uses them effectively. A good comic also doesn't need to make up his own emotes except in very special occasions.

If anyone else has good info on how to effectively play a Comic, post it here!

I think the summoning section is missing "Summon the warlock that created the summoning stone" and it will be Redeemed approved.

lol Flame....go for a walk :p

and I think you have this role set ;)

Also i was looking through mods and I saw one called crittertalk or something like that and apparently your char will say something random every time you click on a little pet.....not sure lol but sounds like something the Comic would have :p

Last edited:
lol Flame....go for a walk :p

and I think you have this role set ;)

Also i was looking through mods and I saw one called crittertalk or something like that and apparently your char will say something random every time you click on a little pet.....not sure lol but sounds like something the Comic would have :p

Nice - I'll look into it!

And, I'm at work, can't go on a walk now :(

oh man, my life has meaning and identity now!! Thank you Flame!!

lets see, distract LK with train set,
step 2. wal distracted they tell a couple hurtful "yo mamma" jokes. + 15k crit strike

step 3. confusion, one comic gets on playground ride, wal the other rambles of strange emotes, = LK stuned for 5 sec.

Step 4. mind control, make the LK go Choo choo with everyone else, wal in this state the raid gets topped of with heals.

Step 5. face plant. in this phase heroism is burned and you summon brewfest keg, wrist rockets for a little extra sp, or ap,
and finally blow all your cooldowns with throwing fun balls , the zepplin, and a last "yo mamma" joke,
And frostmourne shatters, and the LK does a face plant into the mud.

Ya I think this could work.

Last edited:
Back