If Tribe of Judah could have one more game server...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moderator's note: Thread re-opened.

Well, Battlefield Bad Company 2 won the poll, but EA's inane restrictions on hosting dedicated servers means it wasn't an option to begin with.

If there's no objection, I'll proclaim Counter-Strike: Source the winner and ask our benefactor to set up the server this week.

If you would like to request a new poll with other games, please post a reply before 11 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday, June 29, 2010). Otherwise, I'll pass the word along that we've chosen CS: Source and get the server underway.

If you wanna make it a special CS:S server, you could make it a jailbreak one :) I would probably play it for sure then :p I play on the EGO jailbreak servers a couple times a week now, but they are full a lot, and seem to allow minor, infrequent cussing.

Ps. Now there is the downside of everyone here with CS:S will probably not like my idea :p

Day of Defeat Source!

Killing Floor!

I meant games that I've actually seen ToJ members play in the last month.

If you wanna make it a special CS:S server, you could make it a jailbreak one :)
We'd probably stick with the stock ruleset. I think Christian Crew already has the modified CS: Source thing down.

If we were to switch from the stock ruleset to a mod, it would probably be GunGame. But even that would be a hard sell.

Ya. Gungame is incredibly hard to sell now. There are countless amounts of servers for it. From what I have read here, most members (toj) have problems with the no respawns (I am perfectly fine with no respawns :p just the people who are less patient than me). This could be fixed by running a respawn mod 24/7, or by vote :)

We already have a UT3 server and more people play UT3 than UT2004. (Why, I'm not sure. Maybe because it's newer?)

I think it's safe to assume we'd get more use out of a CS: Source server than a UT2004 server. And yes, I <3 UT2004 and I'm not that fond of CS: S, but this is about maximum usage, not what the President prefers. If it was, we'd have a Half-Life 1 Deathmatch server hosted in the same city where I live.

I know 3 years ago I switched from CS1.6 to TF2 because CS:S was pulling players away from 1.6 and most ToJer that played CS1.6 either stopped playing or switched clans to play more. In any case we lost the interest in CS and I went to TF2 for people to play with. I'd love to see ToJ get some CS interest again even if it's source.

I meant games that I've actually seen ToJ members play in the last month.

We'd probably stick with the stock ruleset. I think Christian Crew already has the modified CS: Source thing down.

If we were to switch from the stock ruleset to a mod, it would probably be GunGame. But even that would be a hard sell.

Except CC doesn't have a server with the one mod worth playing, zombie mod. Well they did, but some wiseguy decided to remove it, I haven't played much CC:S since.

Okay, our next game server will be for Counter-Strike: Source! More details to come in a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back