I come bearing gifts :)

Dannypb

Good morning everyone, I hope you all have a wonderful Lord's day! Before I head out to Church I wanted to let you know the info on couple things I brought with me to reborn. One is a Rift stats website I built and the other is a mumble server. They both sit in my living room, but I should be ok with bandwidth as long as not too many use mumble, that is assuming anyone wants to and the leadership here oks it.

The stats site for Reborn is: http://reborn.game-host.org
The leaders here in the rift chapter have given me the ok to set it up for Reborn. It requires someone to add an xml file gotten from the game every day. If you are interested in helping me with this, pm me and I'll give you the upload password and instructions to any guild officer or senior member.

I mention the mumble server because Rift has an in game mumble interface. With mumble you can see in game who is in channel and who is speaking. Since Rift hasn't seen to it to provide an API, I'm not sure an overlay for TS would work without being in windowed mode. I assume using my mumble server would require the approval of the leadership team here, but I would also like some help it testing it. I have adjusted the max bandwidth per user to 30k and I want to know how effective that is. Anyway, the server info is reborn.game-host.org and the port is 3204.

The server this all runs on in at my house. I have broadband, but I certainly couldn't support a ton of simultaneous users. Although the website will be fine, it's just the VOIP. One thing to note is I have a brand new belkin router I saved some money on, and it goes down sometimes and I have to reset it. Looks like I really didn't save any cash since I'll have to buy another one soon.

Last edited:
I am enjoying the guild stats website. Thank you for making it!

We have a Teamspeak server, although Mumble is definitely a high quality alternative. We have been using it in Narrow Path on Thunderhorn. I didn't realize Rift had an ingame interface for it...that's awesome!

Thanx about the stats site. There were some errors on it that I fixed in the last day. There was some code I added to try to account for bad dates, I had to take it out for now. But everything is working good...... for the moment :)

Awesome work, will be so fun to see this as we level in release.

added to our weblinks thread. ;)

Last edited:
Let me know if you want me to change the background. I can make it transparent for you or something more basic. Also when Rift releases on Thursday, there will be a new ID to link to. Although that shouldn't effect you, since it's only the links that are effected by the guild id.

Last edited:
I am kinda digging the death rift background, but if you want to play around with the background, feel free. If you like something better you have authority to do what you want. :)

Yea, but if the death rift is used, it should be used on the parent. I am changing some things so that if the page detects that the parent is my page, its the death background, and if it's not, it is blank.

Well, i got it to work in firefox, but IE is a problem. I will need you to add

ALLOWTRANSPARENCY="true"

to the iframe tag. I set it back to the death rift for now. I'm going to bed! ttyl :)

Can we come up with maybe a font or some other way to display the data that doesnt remind me of my high school tinkerings with html? :(

it's ok, tell me how you feel :) To this point I have been more concerned with functionality. I usually do "pretty" 2nd, but it's really not my thing. I will adjust it though soon.

oh and btw, I am tinkering :)

Last edited:
BTW in no way did I mean you were incapable of doing pretty...I was merely saying the tables and font reminded me of old school html lol...

well, I am old :) but yea, I've never been one to worry much about the looks, I love to make the functionality. Most people though only see the looks, which is all they really can see I guess. I generally like anything that's not a template from frontpage or dreamweaver :)

Fair enough...and I totally love the functionality...it merely reminded me of this website I once made...long ago...when I was learning HTML...and btw I am all for not using templates from dreamweaver! but some basic photoshopped buttons and template and maybe some css :)

Mind you I speak about aesthetics only...it is a great tool especially when you want to manage the guild outside of game :)

I come bearing gifts too. I have a coupon for a free Just Cause 2 coupon on Steam. Next person to respond to this post specifically in response to me will get the coupon. Please only ask for it, if you don't own the game and have wanted to try (i.e. I don't want to waste it).

Jake

I come bearing gifts too. I have a coupon for a free Just Cause 2 coupon on Steam. Next person to respond to this post specifically in response to me will get the coupon. Please only ask for it, if you don't own the game and have wanted to try (i.e. I don't want to waste it).

Jake

Dude did no one take this? I would like a sweet game to play while in queue. You still got it left?

I don't know if this is against forum rules, but I'm considering selling my 2 video cards. They are 2 EVGA GTX 460's 1GB Overclocked version. Send me a whisper here or in game if interested.

-Cheribum

Back