How 'bout this for an "!.\/\/!77.4v3ng3.j00!" strategy

RoloX2

PvP HA Friday 2007-04-06 until question mark

How 'bout this for an "!.\/\/!77.4v3ng3.j00!" strategy:

1. Six W/R's with pets, one Rt/N SS+MM, and one OoP N/Me

2. W/R's are in three groups of two (right- and left-wing and center-back) initally because of the pets, then form in two groups of three; this ensures 4-6 attackers on each target

3. W/R's maintain their own health with IWAY, Lion's Comfort, and Troll Unguent, and falling back tactic

4. The N/Me will spam Order of Pain, do some Blood magic damage, interrupt, and break enchantments; perhaps some 'spiking' with Conjure Phantasm or equivalent to finish-off near-dead opponents

5. The Rt/N stays behind/above, posting spirits, a Flesh Golem, and Animate Bone Minions (two per corpse), so when a wolf dies (after the first), we get two bone minions, ensuring our numbers

6. The Rt/N will also cast Restoration binding ritual (Party members in the area are resurrected with 41% Health and zero Energy) every 45 seconds, after IWAY is cast

7. Zerging/swarming is the general strategy, opening with 17v8+ and sustaining our numbers with spirits, MM, and Restoration

8. W/Rs will never be alone and will always remain paired/triad. The goal is to hack at the enemy team one/two targets at a time very quickly. This will drain/overwhelm their rez capability. Start at the front and advance on a kill. If your partner dies, join another group and wait <30 seconds for him to rez via Restoration.

9. W/Rs will use Battle Rage elite stance (For 5...17 seconds, you move 25% faster and gain double adrenaline from attacks"). This will compound the swarming effect with speed and the OoP effect with adrenaline skill being used ~266% more often (25% more speed = 133% attack damage * double adrenaline)

10. Initiative. W/Rs rush to eliminate the morale-boost NPC as soon as the game starts and the enemy is figuring out what to do and our Rt is placing spirits in the center. We control the center court.

W/R Build:
8. Charm Animal
7. Troll Unguent
6. Lion's Comfort
5. IWAY
4. Battle Rage

Sword adrenaline skills:
3. Sun and Moon Slash
2. Gash
1. Sever Artery

or Hammer adrenaline skills:
3. Overbearing Smash
2. Crushing Blow
1. Counter Blow

or Axe adrenaline skills:
3. Lacerating Chop (pair with hammer-wielder)
2. Executioner's Strike
1. Dismember

At least one adrenaline skill should be unblockable (cf. Sun and Moon Slash)

I have little experience with the hammer and zero with an axe, so I just guessed on those. What ideas do you have for improving builds/strategy? I'd like to have our first go planned prior to playing on Friday. I think a simple, straightforward strategy may be the way to go since some/most of us are just starting out. Think, "Berzerking Vikings".

Finally, the N/Me should be the battlefield commander, directing squads on target, sychronising IWAY/Restoration, and calling retreat when necessary. The W/Rs should solely concentrate on the immediate targets, keeping the adrenaline pumped, and remaining in pairs/triads--"tunnel vision".

Dredd posted that he won't be able to make it, so as far as I'm concerned you're welcome to head up this build tonight if you want.

One consideration that occurs to me is the vulnerability of the ritualist/mm. Opposing groups will ALWAYS target that character. Another is the fact that pets might get rezzed with the rit rez too, which would mean no more IWAY bonus. Maybe not though, since they may be 'allies' rather than 'party members'.

One thing you might consider is having the ritualist/mm and a warder/healer as a sub-group which stays in the initial area with the ghostly hero. Everyone else could be a warrior with a pet like you layed out. They could rush out into the area in front of the starting area and fight there, probably will get killed and their pets too but almost certainly taking soft targets out with them. Then the rit raises bunches o' minions and his spirit would rez the party like you planned. Finally the rit/warder/hero could move out with the warriors to finish the enemy off. I haven't thought it out much, that's just what's on the top of my mind. In any case, post and let us know if you'd like the opportunity to give your build a try tonight. Looking forward to PvP as always,

Paul

I was catching up on the forums a little last night and found this post along with another requesting that this post be moved to a new thread for discussion. Unfortunately, I later found another post that Rolo has left the guild. I don't think he'll be leading tonight.

I'll start a new thread to discuss tonight's plan.

Back