Horror games for pc...

lutikri55

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone could recommend some good pc horror games in the vein as Silent Hill 2 or Alone in the Dark 4, both of which i have completed and am looking for more good pc horror games. Thanks for any help.

-lutikri55

I heard Clyve Barkers Undying was good tho ive only played the demo, Resident Evil and Dino Crisis i think are on the pc both are pretty scary but pretty gorey.

Battle For Procryn

The scariest game to come out in years...makes your eyes bleed and gives you those nice splitting headaches.

And that's just from reading the box...

Personally I still think They Hunger for HL is one of the scarier ones, well at least the start of the third one. Never acctually got past the beggining of any of em so I suppose that says something about how scary I thought they were.

You want some fairly new sick sadistic and even evil games for the computer? Then aliens vs predator 2 and return to castle wolfenstein are for you! one lets you eat people, cut off and collect their heads, disembowel people, and the other has the occult and zombies that eat people. Major gore! Id uh, buy AVP2 and not RTCW of the two if I were you. Though, these games are horrifically sick in their entirety, but thats what you wanted right?

First off, thanks for the helpful information from those of you who actually did help me.  I am grateful for the recommendations.

Second, Shark I was merely asking for suggestions on good horror games, which I happen to enjoy.  If you've got a problem with playing those games, then so be it.   I don't on the other hand, therefore I think you should keep your sarcastic opinions to yourself.  I enjoy a good scare every now and then, so do many other gamers.  I think that Silent Hill 2 is one of the most intelligent horror games to come out for PC/PS2/XBOX.  I don't think I ever have played a game as emotionally involving as this one.

Thirdly, Shark, did I say anything about wanting massive amounts of gore??  I don't remember saying that.  In fact, for future reference I think you might avoid putting words into people's mouths/ twisting their words.  Never once did i ask for games where I could "eat people, cut off and collect their heads, disembowel people".

Fourthly, Shark, I did not ask for first person shooters, but specifically games in the veins of SH2 and AITD.  I would hardly consider RTCW anywhere near a horror game.

Next time before making a hasty and sarcastic response, at least read the person's post.  I'd say about 100% of the time it is helpful when responding to the post.  Thanks, and everyone have a nice day.

-lutikri55

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lutikri55 @ April 13 2003,3:08)]Since it's obvious you are a preadolescent needing to vent on someone who didn't even want an argument, take this advice: next time before making a hasty and sarcastic response, at least read the person's post.  I'd say about 100% of the time it is helpful when responding to the post
**** WARNING****  This post may contain some elements of sarcasm and critcism, to those who cannot handle a bit of either of these please donot read. Thank you.

Little over sensative eh?  I dont think Shark was meaning from his post anything that you accused him of, except maybe he was being a lil goofy, big deal, grab a tissue if it bothers you.  

I also dont recall Shark asking for any argument, he just gave input in HIS own way, you brought the argument when you let YOUR over sensative self read something the wrong way.  

Making an insult/assumption regarding the possibility of his age being younger then you was quite mature on your part<-------------sarcasm.  

Maybe remember when youre busy pointing a finger at someone that theres 3 fingers pointing back at you(and I do abide by this rule myself,just an fyi)  

Oh, and I will indeed assume that if you "bark" at me for criticizing you that your comments were immature or more immature then you accused Shark of being, then I will also assume that your not open to correction yourself, and YOU just want to vent on someone ,such as you accused Shark of doing, when actually youre the one who vented on Shark. Funny how the accuser was actually the one guilty of the "crime" he accused the other of doing.....  

One Last thing,  Have a real swell day. <--- contains 0% sarcasm.  God Bless!

Jon.

p.s.  If you think I was harsh, Tough, grab a tissue. Oh and btw that wasnt a vent , that was sticking up for someone who was wrongly attacked/accused/insulted.

Jammer beat me to it, but I didn't think Shark was being sarcastic at all. He honestly seemed to be helping you out. I think Shark may have just misinterpreted what a horror game is.

Basically I wanted to know some good pc horror games, and if you don't have one, then just to keep your mouth shut and don't reply, that's all I was asking for, not for yours or sharks little comment.  Thanks for the help Shark but I didn't ask for a "morality" lesson about what games I should or shouldn't play.

Oh and BTW, I'd have to say AVP2 is a great game, I already bought it shark, but thanks for the recommendation, I think I'll go buy the expansion so I can have even more "twisted" games.

I'm am sorry for this "Since it's obvious you are a preadolescent needing to vent on someone who didn't even want an argument, take this advice:" I take it back but I hate it when people think they can just impose their morality on you, when you don't want it.  Sorry shark for insulting you in that way.

Unless you have any game suggestion please don't even bother posting, I won't read it.  I'm not going to argue with you people.

uh oh. I sense a breakdown just waiting to happen -

Lutikriss (yeah, I dont want to bother with the 5's), I understand that Shark is a bit sarcastic and wacky at times, but thats just who he is. I assure you, however, that he is also quite intelligent and has a good mind in that head of his.

yes, you took offense in his response, and I can't fault you for that, considering that you did not know him, and therefore in all likelihood thought he was deliberately aggrivating you. however, I do hold you responsible for your even more aggresive repercussion - there is no need for that, especially since this is a one time thing.

disregarding all that, though, you sound a lot like you're getting very ticked off at the community in general. I've seen this sort of thing before, and its demoralizing if it starts happening on a larger scale. and not just that, but the aim of CGA is to provide a supportive environment, and... eh.... bleh. lost my train of though.

BUT

try to simmer down about this. Yeah, Jammer's response was sarcastic, and harsh in its own right, but please don't leave CGA because of that.

on the topic of horror games - I don't play them, so I guess my response isn't "constructive" in the most literal sense. the same reason I used to not play FPS games... I'm not into them, I guess. I could play an absorbing horror game, and I'd be addicted, but as of now, I'm not much into it. I like horror movies, though.
wow.gif

I actually made a truely sincere post. Ive never played any silent hill games or anything, so I just posted games from the horror genre that are horrific. I actually have and play these two games...

amorphus88, thanks for that response
smile.gif
 Thanks for taking into account my side of the argument.  I wasn't going to leave CGA, I was just kind of annoyed at being met with sarcasm by a simple request for game recommendations.  No hard feelings anyone, perhaps I did take Shark's comment too literally.  Have a great day everyone
smile.gif

Also possibly I should be more specific, I am requesting games from the Survival Horror genre, not FPS.

Well Shark's a nub so ignore him. ;-) It's a personal choice what you play and we should be careful what we choose to spend our time on that it doesn't become a foothold for the enemy. Of course never saying I'm perfect as I play way too much CS and such. ^_^

on a totally nubbish 28.8kbps modem, too.
biggrin.gif

lutikriss - "I wasn't going to leave CGA", yeah, but I've seen a lot of people leaving forums I frequent that have started from incidents like this. so I figured I'd be all "mature" and stuff.
wow.gif

I didn't see anything wrong with Shark's post, but I could count on Shark to actually say something like that, though. (Actually, I'd bet on a resurrection of Illuminatus (anyone remember THAT guy?) to say that)
Aliens v. Predator 2 is great. Predator can knock off Marine heads, collect them as trophies, sneak up from behind them and shred them with his stick, or just jack them with his spike gloves.
The Alien can walk on walls, descend on unsuspecting Marines/Predators and eat them up good and well. Yum! Marines: Pulse Rifle baby! The Aliens scare the living crap out of me: not on radar (just like in movies) and then BOOM, out of the walls, after you, "GAAAAAH! DIE DIE DIE DIE!"
Return to Castle Wolfenstein's scariest level was the Catacombs. Don't buy it for scares. Buy it for fun. Buy AvP for scares, and Half-Life as well.
Anything from Clive Barker is freaky.
Umm, HP Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu is coming out on PC. That should guarantee to freak. ANd Silent Hill 3...bwahahahahaha!

I just started playing American McGee's Alice. Haven't made it too far, and it's not so much horror as it is suspense and dementia. Still, it's more than a bit freaky at times :). I'm liking it so far.

I'm with Toe on this, They Hunger has got to be the scariest game I've ever played. I had to take breaks every so often because my hands were shaking so badly.

Ix

Back