Holistic healing

hescominsoon said:
considering that healing through crystals is part of gaia worship/new age..it's pretty easy to see where it comes from. Crystal healing says the healing power comes from the crystals vibrations/auras/etc etc. As a nearly 10 year practitioner of this stuff It is most assuredly from satan. Nowhere in the Bible does God say use stones to heal yourselves. God is where healing comes not from stones.

I agree with you. But just to play Devil's Advocate, couldn't God use the stones to heal? Personally I think its a bunch of crap. It's like that episode of Seinfeld were Kramer goes to the Holistic healer of a kidney stone...lets just say it doesn't turn out too good.

BTW, shouldn't this be in religious discussion?

hescominsoon said:
considering that healing through crystals is part of gaia worship/new age..it's pretty easy to see where it comes from. Crystal healing says the healing power comes from the crystals vibrations/auras/etc etc. As a nearly 10 year practitioner of this stuff It is most assuredly from satan. Nowhere in the Bible does God say use stones to heal yourselves. God is where healing comes not from stones.

I agree with hescominsoon's above statement.

No it is not good and as for it being demonic I would say that it would lead into opening a door for demonic activity.

Anyone who hugs a tree for energy needs their head examined.

I personally think it's popular because it has nothing to do with Christianity or today's medicine. It's trendy these days to oppose "the establishment" so anything that keeps you away from the doctor, God and the government must be good for you. It reminds me of hippies and all their liberal nonsense.

Now from a analytical view, anything based on speculation or conjecture can not be good.

Crystal healing=crap

However, there is holistic stuff, like Taigo and stuff from Nature's Sunshine, that does work

Holistic medicine doesn't really need to refer to using crystals and such. Actually I've neve heard it used that way before myself, I would have associated that with witchcraft.

Dictionary.com defines holistic medicine as:

"An approach to medical care that emphasizes the study of all aspects of a person's health, including psychological, social, and economic influences on health status."

With this sort of thought, I can't see why anyone would want to avoid holistic medicine. It just means rather than treating your symtoms as they have them, other things like diet are always considered and sometimes help.

My wife had a cat that was dying of old age who was turned into a kitten again by switching him to a holistic diet of raw foods designed to provide him with everything God meant for him to eat in the wild. It can be very helpful to do these things, as most doctors don't tend to think outside of the box.

Definition of "holistic healing," as stated on reiki.nu:
A view of health care focusing on the "whole self" (body, mind and spirit) and natural or spiritual cures. The system embraces both traditional and New Age therapy.
Definition of holistic:
Considering a whole thing or being to be more than a collection of parts; Treating the whole person rather than just the Symptoms of a disease.
I think it's important that we keep the two separated. I believe a holistic approach to medicine is an excellent idea and long overdue in Western medicine, but I don't agree with the New Age principles of holistic healing.

Back