HL2 Demo

Yes, I can see more developers releasing their software through an online distribution channel...and I'm sure we'll all get used to it and go 'yea, this is great'. Millions already have.

But like I was saying, I just didn't like the idea for having to sign up for something *just* to play the demo. It's not like they asked for much info and it certainly wasn't a pain to fill out, but now I'm in their "system". I can see it for the full game, but for the demo, you should be able to just get it and play it. Put out a Steam version and a stand alone, "no strings" version.

I'm just being paranoid...

Its ok just go play unreal feel pumped and then buy it cant feel paranoid when your pumped right
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its ok just go play unreal feel pumped and then buy it cant feel paranoid when your pumped right

U mean Unreal 2 or Unreal Tournament, TheJFreak.  Cause seriously, I dont think anyone but me has the Original game, Unreal.

You make it sound like from a commerical, TheJFreak.

"I'm gonna, pump, you, up!"

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Put out a Steam version and a stand alone, "no strings" version.

Thats funny, everything has strings attached; a free game, but u have to sign up for gamespy, err.  A free cell-phone, but u have to have a 2-year contact, argh.

I can only think of 1 good thing thats free, but even I didnt take it, I know everyone else did.  
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Dec. 23 2004,10:49)]U mean Unreal 2 or Unreal Tournament, TheJFreak. Cause seriously, I dont think anyone but me has the Original game, Unreal.
I have it.

ok, well, i dont think anyone but me has Original game, Deus, HA!

On a relative topic, I finished d/l HL2 demo, well, i didnt work, as figured.

I had everything on its Maximum requirements, EXCEPT; a direct x 9 video card (lvl 9). Which im sure that means, a 'real brand name' video card.
mad.gif

Update: my roommate just gave me HL2 for Christmas, so I guess it didn't matter whether I had a Steam account or not, I'm "in".
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Dec. 23 2004,11:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MaxX @ Dec. 23 2004,11:26)]I have it.
*nods* Me too. Awesome game. I really should go back and finish it sometime. ^^;;
Yea, I still can't remember if I finished it or not...it just seemed to go on and on...

it wasnt that long though..i beat it within 4 days of playing? It's a pretty short game... 25-30 hours.. lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Dec. 23 2004,11:10)]ok, well, i dont think anyone but me has Original game, Deus, HA!

On a relative topic, I finished d/l HL2 demo, well, i didnt work, as figured.

I had everything on its Maximum requirements, EXCEPT; a direct x 9 video card (lvl 9). Which im sure that means, a 'real brand name' video card.
mad.gif
i have a network that can run it and i game with friends on it, that and starcraft
biggrin.gif

Was that a platform issue (you're on Linux, right?), a janky performance issue or a paranoid issue?

i use steam everyday too.. it's not that bad.. if you have a good enough system.. then you should be fine with it.. yes it takes up a lot of space.. but if you want to play then you hafta be willing to go get a bigger hard drive so u have enough space

Back