Help with Tanking for Raids and Instances

PapaToad

I need some help, The welcome , the pally information I received has been, glorious. ( That was the only word to describe it)

But I have this play issue. I have leveled three druids.and a Hunter, I know the class well, as I do hunters. But Pallies seem to have me vexed. I can solo, I can gimp along with toadgirl, but I would love to start raiding with you all. I can level toad girl up in about 10 play days, maybe 15 if I am lazy.

But I am in case you have not noticed an extremist. Just good, will not cut it. I need to know the ins and outs. I need to be amoung the best. I have all the websites, all the knowledge. But like the military, I read it devoured it, chuck it over my shoulder and NOW need to get my hands dirty. With my brief encounter/Instance with Chalice last night, I do not know the ins and out of building and hold agro, or buff distribution,( And finding them is a pain so I need to know the all like 2nd nature(druid pun intended) or even pinch healing with a pally or the whole shield (spell thing), its like being a technical officer, the job has expanded.

Here’s what I would like if possible. I need pallies about 5 experienced hardcore pallies, who would be willing to meet with me once a week, twice a month to run through Ramparts with me and groom me to be an off tank and Main tank. That’s it you would be grooming me to be a tank.

I can give at least one night a week to raiding; ( Thats just raiding, as I am usually on. I can level up toad girl and get her geared for it. But I need to be SHOWN how to do it. Not a write up, but in the ramps, all my spells explain, What they do, why we use them, what gear I need and show be striving for and the whys (I am an incredible why person) it’s the teacher in me. We could jump on vent and even up the instances, so that the pallies can be geared and trained.

If I could get some folks to pass that knowledge down to me. I would gladly take the generation of pallies after me and pass that along, so our MT/ot supply would RDY & be trained up.

If fact I did not think of this, but you could do the same thing with the other classes as well. This would give us a strong tier of warriors , fights, dps, and Tanks to pool from.

But for know is their any Pallies would be willing to do this, and if I only get one or two, would there be a secondary pool of (mixed classes) who would be patient enough to run an instance and help me learn how to main tank. Of course this is volunteers, so I would pay this forward, and THEN WHEN I SUCK @ MT’ing I am pointing to all of YOU!

Just kidding, We seem to be limited in Tanks and healers, if I can be shown to do both I will, getting a 60 pally to raid is a lot quicker than getting a 5 to 70

Thanks

So what I am looking for is:

1. A day night of the week I can get 5 pallies, or at least one or two who can show me how to tank, and 3 support personal who would not mind running ramparts over and over again until I can progress to the other instances. WE can do almost any instance in about an hour. I just need an hour once a week.

2. I need to know who would be willing to work on this with me.

3. That’s it thank you

So who is willing to help spend an hour a week grooming a tank, and what time works best.

My times are any

Sat/Sun ANY!
Monday 530-10pm
Tuesday 7pm-10pm
Wednesday 530-10pm
Thursday 530-10pm
Friday (usually date night, or being available to hug gf at any moment)

Again thanks

i understand your problem there. i have tried tanking and it is hard when you dont know how a pally is suppost to get or hold agro. i figured out teh best way to find taht out is to start a charicter on a different server where no one knows you, learn by playing that person for a set number of days then go back to the mmain who you wil be tanking with and add that info in.

Back