Help please

I like your combat rogue build but if you are gonna use daggers I'd drop aggresion and pick up imp slice and dice. You probally won't be using sinister strike too much so Slice and Dice will keep your white damage up high. And combined with Blade Flurry it's insane. Cold Blood for 2 dots, Hit slice and dice, blade furry and adrenaline rush for about 500 dps for 15 seconds. Well that's with swords though but i would imagine a couple backstabs would bring that up higher. Anyway, it seems like a good build. And btw, how high are you taking Smertrios? I think I'll go to 38 with my hunter so i can max out my alchemy

Take him as high as i can go. He is going to be my raider. Autolycus from Stormreaver will be my PvP rogue and he is sitting at L43, so probably up to L49 to get the most out of it. But who knows. Things can change. Plus it also depends on when they all the cross server transfers.

What are you going to be taking your instance rogue to? I would think that your 2 points in improved distract could be better spent in Lightning reflexes for more dodge (and then more procs of setup) or improved backstab. Also depending where you are going with him, Setup might not be the greatest build. I used it for a while, but decided that since in a party i would hopefully not have agro, i wouldn't be dodging much, so the after getting prep the points could be spent better elsewhere. (the full points in improved gouge almost guarantee that you have the energy for a backstab afterwards)

A few rogue comments:

1. If you are in instances you do not want to be the target of abuse, that is the tanks job... so your setup points are not useful.
2. If you want to do serious damage with backstabs you have to have 5pts in opportunity and 3pts in the backstab talent in the combat tree.

Useful builds to look into:
21/8/21 - very flexible and alot of fun. (Prep build; very nice for PvP)
13/8/30 - pretty nice but white damage is not so great(SF build; also good for PvP, allows you to dish out alot of damage very quickly it just fades after that burst)
10/25/16 - amazing white damage, but you lose out on the big ambush openers (combat dagger; kind of sucks for PvP :)

I admit I have tried a few builds, the builds I like the most are combat swords & combat daggers (I like daggers the most). However, if you hate your build it defeats the whole point... try out many builds and pick the one you love the most or the spec that provides the most of what you want.

For me combat dagger is the best, does alot of damage and if I get bored I just throw a sword in my main hand and start combat swording stuff. I like the build because of this. It does have draw backs, like no cold blood or prep or AR... but being a combat rogue it is about sustained white damage mixed with your specials (BS or SS)

Anyhow that is just my two cents... later

Just to confirm what Gris said about the 21-8-21 PvP Dagger build. I do not think there is an equal if you are planning exclusively to use your rogue for PvP. Out of it, I get Cold Blood, Imp Sap and Prep which makes for an amazing combo.

Here's what I'm using for combat sword spec on my old server/toon. It is strictly pve build, but does awsome damage. Slice and Dice is its bread and butter. A backstabbing dagger rogue will do a lil more damage when fighting regualr mobs simply because the mobs die fast. But for elites, this build shines, and you won't be pulling aggro with the big burst damage from BS.
Typical fight goes CS>SnD>SS>SS>Evis. Riposte is great, and SnD + BF + AR is just awsome.

http://www.pandahideout.com/talents...ZW3TZU3TZT1TZR5TI2TH3TF5TE5TC1Ty5Tw1Tv5Ts3Tr1

i still think that in your instance spec you could find a better place for your 2 points in improved distract. Imp cheap shot maybe? also check out http://www.roguespot.com and the ultimate rogue guide 1.9 linked on that site for more helpful information

Since everyone is commenting on your rogue, I'm going to the be odd ball here and comment on your priest. If you're looking for end game raids with your priest, I would recommend speccing Holy/Disc. Shadow Builds are great, but healing is needed more. I know what everyone is thinking, why am I specced shadow then. Well, that is a topic for another time.

Anywho, back on topic. lol. I would make quite a few changes to the build that you suggested above in both the Disc and the Holy tree's. Imp Shield and Martytdom are not needed. Quite a few of those aren't needed in the Holy Tree either. Blessed Recovery is the biggest waste of talent points I ever spent. I tested this with the wraiths in the WPL's and it is a HUGE joke. This is the spec that you will want to go for when healing.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent/?dxT0sV0oZfqt0c0Vx I hope that goes through ok.

I went with the healing build for a little while so I do know what to look for.

Inner Focus will give you one free heal when you need it. I recommend using Greater Heal when using this as it costs the most mana.

Silent resolve will help you with less agro on your heals as in higher instances, you will be doing more of it. This mixed with the Pallys lesser threat buff will help out a ton.

Spell Warding is to help reduce spell damage for when you do get agro.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions as I will do the best I can to answer them.

Take care,

Chris

Back