Help picking a computer case

Gandhi

Hey I'm planning on building a new computer and need some help finding a case. I was going to buy a 280$ case with side window design and stuff, but then thought it would work out to be to expencive, since I can buy a cheaper case and use the extra money on comp parts. I'm looking for a big case with no window, since I'm goingto create my own design and use a cnc machine to cut it. And enough space to fit a floppy, dvd drive, dvd writer, a medid dashboard with memory slots etc., and a tv tuner in the front since I'm using the comp as my tv too.
I don't really have a budget but I want to spend less than 2k for it. So any case less than 200 would be cool, and I don't care about color since I'm painting it, I'm pickingup a new airbrush tomorrow.

Now I have to go work on a design, hopefully my friend will write the code for me, since its been a few years since I've used a cnc machine. Im thinking of putting the canucks logo on the side. :)

Those look pretty good, I just have to find a store that sells it in canada, since negg doesn't sell to canada yet.
Thanks killerah

I just finished building one for a friend of mine, and I got this one at the suggestion of HCS. The case fan came with a weird plastic funnel thingy I had to unscrew off the top of it, but other than that, it was a pretty good case for dirt cheap. Twenty bucks.

Yeah, it doesn't feel really solid, or well-built. But it certainly holds your motherboard up, which is all you really need sometimes.

273 votes, average vote: 5 eggs (stars). Not bad. I guess you figure you get what you pay for and for $20 I wouldn't expect to much.

I just got a new case for myself.. Antec p180. My friends call it the "Refrigerator". I like the nice modern look it has, and its prety quiet too.

Edit!

a link would be nice wouldnt it..

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129154

Yet another Edit!

the case comes with no powersupply, but you can get a good 400w for around $50-USD Some Graphics Cards have to have atleast a 300w PSU to run properly (mine does). And by properly i mean - "To run, period."

Last edited:
Well thanks guys, I think I figured out which one I'm going to buy, but I'm going to have to push back making a comp for a few months.
We just sold our house and now I need to buy a car to drive to work. Which I was trying to avoid since gas prices and insurance. I was enjoyong the whole live at home and save most of my money since I don't have that many bills. But now I got to find a car and I need to buy new furniture.
I'm probobly still going to buy the case since I wanted to paint it, and I bought a airbrush and everything. But the final computer is going to be pushed back till probobly jan or feb.

I'm going with the antech sonata. The one u recomended, I found it on a canadian site for 150$ cdn.
I heard newegg is going to start shipping to canada soon, that would be pretty good since they have good prices.

As for furniture, I feel like a girl I was looking through the IKEA catalogue, and this weekend I'm going with my mom to the home and interior show.

Back