Healing mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandhi

Hi guys, I got a q and I'm alittle confused about it. There are these Porta healing priests coming to town and holding a mass, and my mom really wants me to come, because she really believes in it. So I finally said sure. Since I have a problem sitting for long periods of time she's arranged that the priest meets me privatly before mass and pray over me.
But my question is am I selling out by going for it. I don't really believe in it, but I've been stressed about my health issues. And with finding about this new tumor in my bowel and healing from this past surgery, I just want to try everything. And my thought was if it works that would be great, but if it does and it is a miracle, me becoming christian wouldn't be really about faith, since it took something to happen.
ANd I don't know I'm just been confused these last few days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Gandhi, There is HOPE in Christ,
I know that healing comes from above especially miracle healings. I have learned one thing as a christian is that all things of the bible revolve around faith. You must have faith in the Lord that he saved you when you accepted Him. You must have faith that God will deliver you from all evil in the last days. You must have faith to be healed. If you are to be healed then the first thing I learned is to trust God and let him deal with it. He is our burden carrier. The bible says "By His stripes we were healed" , it's in past tense. So we are healed and we must accept it by faith. Jesus bore stripes upon His back for your and my healing. A local doctor here had some form of cancer that was basically uncureable by todays medicine. His walk with Christ brought him through the cancer and he was made whole. Completely free from cancer. He was about 2-3 times his normal size before he was healed. You will be blessed by his story.
I found this on the web:
http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/healing-tomrenfro110501.asp

Here is his local website: http://www.fowc.us/miracles.htm

There is hope in Christ. I love you and take care and God Bless. I have and will continue praying for your healing in Jesus's name. A name above all names. His name is above cancer. Cold Steel
ps. Remember "By His Stripes You Were Healed." your in this forum for a reason as well as I.

well my cousin was just telling be a story the priest told during mass. He had a congragation member who was a beloved catholic. He used to help with the church, pray all the time etc, etc. And one day he found out he had cancer, and it was already pretty big, and not much could be done. So the priest and him used to sit for hours praying, hoping for a miracle, and nothing happened, the man just kept gettign worst and worst, and eventually died. My cuz said sometimes u could have all the faith in the world, but when its your time its your time. So even if I have faith or not, I can't go in to it thinking I'll only become a christian if I see a miracle. Because it might already be written that I'm cursed to have surgery after surgery.

Well I went to these people's house for the priest to pray over me. And all it did was scare me. I sat down and the priest called everyone to stand around me and they did a pray, after that everyone started speaking toungs, there was like 3 or 4 different languages, and people screaming. And I was sitting there, thinking what is going on.
Then this lady was telling me that metal music is satanic, and I shouldn't read my horiscope because its part of the ocult, and I felt like what was really on my mind. She said because somewhere in my ancestry there were people that didn't believe in jesus and followed something else thats y there is problems in our family. And we should skip one meal a day for 40 days and say certain prayers every day to get this away from our family. And I wanted to say ( well I can't really say it here, but u know what I mean), because if I understand the bible corectly once u except jesus thats it, it doesn't matter what your ancestors did. And I'm indian, if u look far enough down the line in our family, we were probobly hindu. So the whole thing was a waist of time.
The thing is I was thinking about going and sitting through a few masses and seeing if I want to return to church, and maybe try. But this just messed me up.
Plus I don't really see the need of me goin to confession, if a priest is human just like me y should I tell him my sins, and he pass judgement on me. But then if I ever go back to the catholic church, u have to go for comunion. And also I disagree with so many things, gay marriages, sex before marriage, abortion. Its like I'm on a different planet.

Brother, I'm not catholic and I agree with you on confessions. My bible teaches me that only Jesus can forgive us of our sins and that we sin daily and the if we sin we should ask forgiveness. I sin daily. As far as the ancestor part I believe once you've accepted Jesus in your heart and life and by mouth confession is made unto salvation then your saved by GRACE through FAITH and your grafted into the tree of Jesus's ancestory so you've now in essence became a brother to Jesus and a direct decendant of Jesus because of this adoption. God is now your Father and if you ask your Father in FAITH believing then it will be done by your FAther in heaven.
Ro 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Ro 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Ro 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
I believe that if you curse the root of your cancer (in Jesus's name) like Jesus cursed the fig tree in faith then it will dry up like the fig tree.
Mark 11:14 And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
Mark 11:20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
As with anything in life all things are by faith. I'm praying for you Gandhi. CS

ps.
Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mark 9:24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

Just remember God is still in the healing business. He uses doctors and yes sometimes priests and sometimes he just does it himself. The important thing is to remember that healing comes from God. If he uses these priests for it then so be it. Just remember to give God the glory. The higher the hill to climb, the greater God's glory to shine.

Catholism is not Christianity They are so different There is nothing similier I've spent half my life in a confused corrupt Catholic country...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back