@healer types

I don't like the new in game raid frames.. They are HUUUUGEE and I made em as small as they will go. I'm a minimalist and having a big chunk of my screen in big blocks annoys me, lol. I have a 27" monitor and I think that thing takes up a quarter of my screen! While leveling I switched to healbot, it keeps me buffed and just so easy to use.

Did the new raid frames come out before the new grid did?

The old grid looked great... but thats it; it was never really that useful imo.

Also, I don't use clique or healbot (granted I'm somewhat new to healing).

I use 3 fingers for 1, 2, 3 and for WASD. The other hand is on the mouse for people selection and to move my character.

My setup works for me and clique seems wayyyyy too different.

^this

Although I blame it less on being "different" and more on there being a learning curve to getting my right hand to unlearn left=select, right-menu and instead have it be lots of different things. I'm conditioned to do a combination WASD and then stretch up to the function keys. When i'm on the ball, that's 6+ function keys ... more than I could remember with shift-click or alt-click on the mouse. Or back when I used the G-keys on a logitech keyboard, somewhere between 6 and 12 keys moving hand back and forth between WASD and those buttons. However, I'll admit that I spent a lot of time immobile and standing in a fire back then and so not sure whether it's really a viable option moving the hand back and forth.

Having said that, my lofty plan is, once I hit 85, to learn to use my Naga mouse and its 12 side-under-the-thumb buttons. Easier than clique because index and middle finger buttons will stay select and menu, but it'll give my otherwise unoccupied right thumb something to do. Question is, whether, I can manage to get my right hand to do 2 things at once (or 3 if you consider "pointing moving" and "select/menu" clicking two things). Usually I have trouble beyond just walking and chewing gum, the third thing makes me trip on the sidewalk.

But I really do think that these decisions depend on personal preference and/or brain wiring. I think it's safe to say that almost every healer can benefit by some sort of mod that efficiently displays information in a defined area and that allows efficient access to applying healz to them ... but there are a bazillion things that could turn into. If you play on a laptop, the answer is invariably something very different than if you have a 24" monitor. And so on and so on.

I used to use Healbot, try Vuhdoh, I stopped using Healbot for that one, lot more features and even shows you what way to go if you are out of range for a heal.

Back