@healer types

Icthus

Hey guys,

As we head to Cata, I wanted to make sure all you healer types are aware of two add on's that make healing soooo much more fun.

Clique
Grid

If you don't have them try them out. They allow you to point and click heal.

So much better than the stock UI.

I'm at a loss how someone can hate the ability to assign spells to mouse clicks on unit frames....thats pure awesome. Can you explain?

I'm at a loss how someone can hate the ability to assign spells to mouse clicks on unit frames....thats pure awesome. Can you explain?

What bothers me about Clique is that it fundamentally changes how you play the game, and I'm not a supporter of that. I mean to some people they can argue that it's just a convenience thing where you only need to push 1 button instead of 2 but I don't think that way.

I learned to heal by clicking on targets than clicking whatever healing button. I don't mind if addons help to display information or accentuate certain bits of info to you that, under the normal stock ui, are available to you. Clique however isn't. I just think players should press their keyboard keys really.

Also, is Clique ever regularly used by people who are DPS/Tank?

Last edited:
I love grid/clique.. would hate to go back to macro healing. Or worse yet old school healing.. I had to actually work back then o_O

I remember back in Vanilla wow before clique and grid existed, there was a mod that put buttons by each raid frame. It was like the precursor to grid/clique and it looks horribad from a UI perspective.. check this oldie

667511-4.jpg

compared to todays UI.

WoWScrnShot_120310_140425.jpg

Last edited:
Grid came in my shiney new mod pack.

I have tried the stock UI and the grid folks needs to get paid for that obvious rip off.

Grid has a few more options and I just want to stick it to the man and help the little guy.

Did the new raid frames come out before the new grid did?

The old grid looked great... but thats it; it was never really that useful imo.

Also, I don't use clique or healbot (granted I'm somewhat new to healing).

I use 3 fingers for 1, 2, 3 and for WASD. The other hand is on the mouse for people selection and to move my character.

My setup works for me and clique seems wayyyyy too different.

The benefit of clique/grid or healbot is you use one action to select and heal vs two actions (select by click and then press a heal button).

As a hybrid class healbot lets me keep my target on the boss yet with one mouse click perform a healing spell on anyone in my party, and it works as a range guide as well. It also shows cooldowns, HOT duration. Very very nice mod.

Back