Hack n' slash games without gore

HockeyNut

Hi everyone,me and my cousin are looking for some hack n' slash games (preferably for PC) that we can play together online. He won't play games with gore in them (blood is fine,but decapitations are not,like TF2). Does anyone know of any that we could play?

With your permission I can move this thread into the CGA general section of the forums so more people can see it. You posted in the Nintendo section which PC gamers won't look at that much. Just post if you want me to.

Last edited:
Moved! I left a temporary redirect in the original forum to make sure you could find it.

Torchlight is pretty good, I think you can even turn off the blood and stuff. I could be wrong about that though.

[toj.cc]phantom;467308 said:
Torchlight is pretty good, I think you can even turn off the blood and stuff. I could be wrong about that though.

Not sure about what gore it has but to clarify Phantom is talking about Torchlight II. The first Torchlight does not have a co-op mode.

You may want to look at the Steam fall sale which just started (yesterday I think?). They have different sales on games which change daily and one may be what you are looking for. A word of caution though, while you can get games cheaper than anywhere I've found, not all cheap games are good and you can end up with a lot of junk. Be prudent, if there is nothing you like buying a terrible game because it is cheap will still end you up with a terrible game and money wasted. It's best to decide on a game you want first then watch to see if it goes on sale. Also although many games are discounted through the normal sale event when, and if, a game goes on a "today's deal" it becomes much cheaper. Basically if your desired game is not on "today's deal" you'll want to wait until the last sale day to purchase it to see if it goes on one before buying. Just make sure you know when the sale ends.

Last edited:
Ok,thanks. I'll do some research on that,while being careful as Gerbil said. If anyone else has any suggestions,please post them here.

Torchlight II is on sale for $10 on Steam today and the 4-pack is $30. Be sure to check out the CGA Steam 4-pack thread if you're interested in going in a 4-pack with other CGA community members and saving a few bucks.

I'd recommend that you and your cousin play the Torchlight II demo before buying the game. Unfortunately, the demo does not feature multiplayer gameplay.

As for gore-free action RPGs, my wife and I really, really enjoyed playing through Soma Bringer on our Nintendo DS Lites. Trouble is, you need a DS flashcart, an import copy of Soma Bringer (necessary to be legal), and a copy of the fan translation (which is free and, last I checked, easy to find) to play it. But Soma Bringer set the standard for co-op action RPGs and, 4 years later, it still reigns supreme (IMO).

Ok,thanks. I'll do some research on that. Torchlight II sounds like a cool game,so I'll tell him to check out the demo. As for the DS game,I don't know what a flashcart is,(I'll do research on those later)and before anything,I'll do research on the game itself. Thanks!

Back