Guild recruitment thread on TOR forums

Grimbeorn

Tribe of Judah Star Wars: The Old Republic Sith Em
Hey, I just finally decided to go post a guild recruitment thread on TOR's forums. If any of you ever uses those, you might want to drop in and post something. You can find the thread here.

Looks Good. I will try to keep it active when it drops below the first page!

But did you miss a word here?:
"you can find our join our pre-launch roster here."

Don't mean to be picky just wanted to let you know so you could make it perfect.

Ok we need to get this going again. That forum and thread are gone now.

Do you still have the base info you had in this thread Grim? So we can make edits and or update it?

I guess I just need to talk with you a bit, but I will get this going for us, once I know what all we want in it... So I don't miss something important. I have a base line idea of what we need in it as I helped set up Rifts' recruitment thread.

I just want to make sure it might have a bit of a star wars flavor too.

This will at least make it catch the eyes.

“Come join us and together we will rule the Galaxy!”

Called from Darkness is the SWTOR arm of Tribe of Judah; a Christian Gaming community, spanning multiple games and genre, all totaled our membership has now surpassed 3,500. Tribe of Judah chapters center around great fellowship and wholesome gaming environment, as we encourage believers to gather and enjoy the games we love to play.

Called from Darkness is an Empire based guild founded on the PvP server Warriors of the Shadow.
As a member of Called from Darkness you can expect a mature, healthy, casual gaming environment, mumble chat channels, active, knowledgeable players, who have played all manner of games, from FPS, to MMO, and everything in between. We do plan to have regular events, and highly encourage players to group, and enjoy game in community. We will be active in PvP, and end game content, and would welcome players of all skill levels.

Players wishing to join Called from Darkness may do so by visiting our how to join page where all the details are found, including links to the actual application page, and our guild charter.

As the guild recruitment officer I am willing to answer any question you might have, feel free to send me a PM here on the SWTOR forums. I will answer any legitimate questions to the best of my ability and will help you navigate the application process should you have any issues.

Rough Draft...... Please leave helpful, constructive input for this. I do plan to make parts of this hyper linked in the final posting on the SWTOR forums. Noted need for edit of the post, Ill redo it shortly needs a list of some of the requirements listed on this page as it needs to spell out that we are looking for fellow believers.

Last edited:
Ok we need to get this going again. That forum and thread are gone now.

Do you still have the base info you had in this thread Grim? So we can make edits and or update it?

Pretty sure the core post was just the same stuff as I put in the "About us" section on our site. That was thrown together pretty quickly when I first made our guild page on swtor.com, so you putting something new together is fine. I'll try to take a look at what you have in the next few days, I need to get some sleep tonight.

Called from Darkness is the SWTOR arm of Tribe of Judah; a Christian Gaming community, spanning multiple games and genre, all totaled our membership has now surpassed 3,500. Tribe of Judah chapters center around great fellowship and wholesome gaming environment, as we encourage believers to gather and enjoy the games we love to play.

Called from Darkness is an Empire based guild founded on the PvP server Warriors of the Shadow.
As a member of Called from Darkness you can expect a mature, healthy, casual gaming environment, mumble chat channels, active forums, knowledgeable players who have played all manner of games, from FPS, to MMO, and everything in between. We do plan to have regular events, and highly encourage players to group, and enjoy game in community. We will be active in PvP, and end game content, and would welcome players of all skill levels.

Players wishing to join Called from Darkness may do so by visiting our how to join page where all the details are found, including links to the actual application page, and our guild charter. Membership in Tribe of Judah is required for admittance into Called from Darkness and all of these details can be found on our how to join page.

As the guild recruitment officer I am willing to answer any question you might have, feel free to send me a PM here on the SWTOR forums. I will answer any legitimate questions (ignoring trolls) to the best of my ability and will help you navigate the application process should you have any issues.

New edit....... Input please, this will be posted tomorrow for launch day.

Looks real good, I think you have a couple run-on sentences in there, but the content is really good. This looks golden for hitting up all the major Christian (and secular) gaming sites with.

One thing that also might want a tweak is:
by visiting our how to join page where all the details are found
change to
by visiting our "how to join" page, where all the details are found

Last edited:
Rather than point out things, I decided to just go through an edit myself.

Here is my edit:

Called from Darkness is the SWTOR arm of Tribe of Judah; a Christian Gaming community spanning multiple games and genres with a total membership over 3,500. Tribe of Judah chapters center around great fellowship and wholesome gaming environment, as we encourage believers to gather and enjoy the games we love to play.

Called from Darkness is an Empire based guild on the PvP server Warriors of the Shadow.
As a member of Called from Darkness you can expect a mature, healthy, and casual gaming environment with mumble chat channels, active forums, and knowledgeable players who have played all manner of games from FPS to MMO and everything in between. We do plan to have regular events, and highly encourage players to group and enjoy the game in community. We will be active in PvP and end game content, and we welcome players of all skill levels.

Players wishing to join Called from Darkness may do so by visiting our "how to join" page, where all the details are found - including links to the actual application page and our guild charter. Membership in Tribe of Judah is required for admittance into Called from Darkness. All of these details can be found on our how to join page.

As the guild recruitment officer I am willing to answer any question you might have, so feel free to send me a PM here on the SWTOR forums. I will answer any legitimate questions (ignoring trolls) to the best of my ability and will help you navigate the application process should you have any issues.

Mostly I just made changes to punctuation/grammar. If you wanted to change it more then I might suggest going in and converting some of your sentences into two sentences instead. You seem to use compound sentences a lot.

yea I noticed that after I posted it. Thanks.

I was already working on the edit for that. BUT I do appreciate you doing it for me.

Thanks Ewok, and Grim

Ahh yeah we need to update the site with mumble information so people don't jump in teamspeak looking for us.

I added links on the "Join us" page that direct people to our guild info thread. Hopefully that should avoid any confusion.

Please no bumping as is typical(its against the forum rules) but if you have anything helpful to post feel free to do so, as it will help us keep it up top... Willcraft could you post a picture from yesterdays event?

Last edited:
Back