Guild bank repairs for raiders

Flamethrøwer

Yo Dawg, I heard you like repairs so I put some gold in your allowance so you can repair while you raid!

For those over 30, that means raiders are getting a higher repair allowance. Here's how it works:

- Standard guild repair allowance will remain at 10g.

- Raiders will get a 100g guild repair allowance on nights that they raid in our guild raids.

- The raid leader or a participating officer will promote his members to the Raider rank at the start of the raid, and demote them back to their previous rank after the raid. It is each raider's job to repair before they get demoted.

- Anyone already higher than the Raider rank (officers and other such riff-raff) will simply remain at their normal rank.

- While occupying the Raider rank, players will have a 100g guild repair allowance, and have increased access to the "High Mats" and "Raider" Guild Bank tabs, for the purposes of supplying the raid with necessities only.

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

Last edited:
Sweet Flame. Thanks!

Though I've been thinking...

I have a good feeling that our plate wearers will exceed this limit very easily and may not be able to even use this function (I know as a clothie, even I can exceed 100g once my gear is yellow).

Can any of our raider plate wearers give an approximate amount of their repair bill?

Sweet Flame. Thanks!

Though I've been thinking...

I have a good feeling that our plate wearers will exceed this limit very easily and may not be able to even use this function (I know as a clothie, even I can exceed 100g once my gear is yellow).

Can any of our raider plate wearers give an approximate amount of their repair bill?

1. Don't die (ucanhazbubblez?)
2. Repair early repair often

Last night I think the group didn't wipe and we one-shot 3 bosses. That keeps the repair bills down! Good times!

I thought they averaged that cost out...? I'll look into it if plate repairs are excessive.

You can still use the guild repair money even if your total bill exceeds the allowance. Just use the single repair button to repair your items one-by-one using your own money, and then once you are under the limit, hit the guild repair button. All members can do this, even with the 10g repair.

Last edited:
I thought they averaged that cost out...? I'll look into it if plate repairs are excessive.

You can still use the guild repair money even if your total bill exceeds the allowance. Just use the single repair button to repair your items one-by-one using your own money, and then once you are under the limit, hit the guild repair button. All members can do this, even with the 10g repair.

plate is still a bit more expensive, i find myself repairing for 130g with nothing broken, thats around 20-30% durability. of course i also have a 360 ilvl, so that doesnt help.

Something to keep in mind is that this is not meant to completely pay for everyone's repairs, just something to help out.

I think we'll maintain this for a bit and see how it goes.

1. Don't die (ucanhazbubblez?)
2. Repair early repair often

Last night I think the group didn't wipe and we one-shot 3 bosses. That keeps the repair bills down! Good times!

Last night's group was definitely good times! But I think you got in on that fun, Lloren, after we wiped a bunch on ODS :p

Unfortunately, repairing often sometimes doesn't happen often enough. These raids don't have a repair nearby, with the exception of BWD. And we don't always have the luxury of having an engineer with bots in the raid. So porting or hearthing may sometimes be the only time we get to repair.

BUT thanks to Kracer, he now does have a mount that has a repair guy on it. So speaking from Team Fierce, we now have a way to repair as needed. Not too sure how Team Broot has been handling their repairs, but buying a mount like Kracer did may be something to think about ;)

Something to keep in mind is that this is not meant to completely pay for everyone's repairs, just something to help out.

I think we'll maintain this for a bit and see how it goes.

Thanks for stating that Flame.

I guess I assumed that this new allowance for raiders was supposed to pay for all raiding repairs. Assuming = bad. My bad.

I have bots! I guess I'm not always there though, am I?

@ Cakey:
If I could be sure that we could fully fund everyone's raiding repairs without losing money each week, I'd do it. Right now, the guild bank gives very little info about how much comes in, how much goes out, and where it all comes from/goes to. So instead of an informed decision, I have to make a good guess. Having a bachelor's degree in finance, not having that information bugs the crap out of me. I find it's easier to slowly allow more and more than to allow too much and have to take some of it back later. This is just a (big) step in that direction. At a later time, if it appears we can afford to fully fund, or fund a little more of raider repairs, then it's something I'll consider.

@ Cakey:
If I could be sure that we could fully fund everyone's raiding repairs without losing money each week, I'd do it. Right now, the guild bank gives very little info about how much comes in, how much goes out, and where it all comes from/goes to. So instead of an informed decision, I have to make a good guess. Having a bachelor's degree in finance, not having that information bugs the crap out of me. I find it's easier to slowly allow more and more than to allow too much and have to take some of it back later. This is just a (big) step in that direction. At a later time, if it appears we can afford to fully fund, or fund a little more of raider repairs, then it's something I'll consider.

Definitely with you on that, Flame. Better to take too little than to take too much ;)

yea, sounds like you had a good raid friday, did you down some bosses? i fell asleep.....and missed it,too much yard work!

yea, sounds like you had a good raid friday, did you down some bosses? i fell asleep.....and missed it,too much yard work!

We ate some lobster and drank from the cauldron. :) Good times were had by all.

Back