Guild bank for repairs

bestbw

All the Officers have discussed this because of all the requests we've been getting for everyone to use the guild bank for repairs. Since we don't use the gold for very many things, its been agreed to open up the guild gold for you to use for your repair bill. Here's the guidelines:

1. There will be a 10g allotment per day.

2. Please use this respectfully (logging into 10 characters everyday to make sure you're all repaired up with guild money would be an example of abusing the priveledge).

3. Please also make it a point to contribute occaisionally to the guild bank gold. There's only so much gold in the bank, once its gone, that means no more guild repairs (since there'll be no money for you to repair with).

That's all! Enjoy a little lighter repair bills!

Woot.... thanx Shagz and all officers. This is really fair and generous I think. I'm going to activate my account now and put all my alts in guild. *joke* :D

Yay! Thanks officers.

I think that abusing this with 10 alts would be a challenge. You'd need to log into 10 alts and have them get damaged that much. And, all 10 alts would have to be high-enough level to even get a 10g bill. You have to be, what, level 70 or something for that, right? Maybe 60? It could arguably take you more time/work to make all that happen then just grinding gold in the first place.

I think that the 10g daily cap is key. When in the early days of "guild repair" functionality (2-3 years ago I think), the officers opened the tap and the guild balance dropped like a rock, there were a few special factors:
1) There was no cap. So individual toons, especially tanks, who were doing heavy raiding and instancing, easily blew through 50-100g per day.
2) There was no "automatic guild tax" from the members. So unless people were making spot donations, it was all withdraw and no deposit. Now, to a certain extent, there's a relationship: more activity = more deaths = more repairs = more withdrawals from the bank BUT ALSO more activity = more mob kills = more lewting = more funding to the bank.

Anyhow, will be interesting to see how it works out with the 10% tax level we've now hit. (and it's not really fair to call it a tax, since it means your total loot is 110%, but anyhow, tax is a nice short word).

Thanks for making it equal for the "sometimes" raiders and the raiders! Much appreciated.

one "annoying" thing w/ the 10g cap. and it totally blizz's fault and not ours;

but when you have any repair bill of over the 10g cap and try to use it, you get an error saying you dont have permission to do so. you have to actually MANUALLY repair certain items until your total repair is under 10g. then and only then can you use the guild repair function. i kno...blizz UI fails...but this makes it somewhat of a pain to repair for our raiders who are easily pulling in 30g+ repairs on a normal raid night assuming we hit progression aka wipe-our-behinds-off bosses.

one "annoying" thing w/ the 10g cap. and it totally blizz's fault and not ours;

but when you have any repair bill of over the 10g cap and try to use it, you get an error saying you dont have permission to do so. you have to actually MANUALLY repair certain items until your total repair is under 10g. then and only then can you use the guild repair function. i kno...blizz UI fails...but this makes it somewhat of a pain to repair for our raiders who are easily pulling in 30g+ repairs on a normal raid night assuming we hit progression aka wipe-our-behinds-off bosses.

that's a bummer. 30g minimum for sure.

Back