Got Orange Box few days ago...

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Hey guys, I got OB a week before my birthday, been playing through HL2 - Ep1, Portal and (mainly) HL2: Deathmatch. In about a week and a half, I should have a new 7600gt or such since I'm running a 6150 Intergrated (chugging along at fugly settings :p) at the moment, and I'm really hoping to try out some TF2. So I guess I'll check out the server when I upgrade. :rolleyes: Ciao for now.

Hey guys, I got OB a week before my birthday, been playing through HL2 - Ep1, Portal and (mainly) HL2: Deathmatch.
Rock rock on.

Half Life 2 Deathmatch is a blast. If it weren't for TF2 and UT3, I'd be playing more HL2DM.

In about a week and a half, I should have a new 7600gt or such since I'm running a 6150 Intergrated [...]
Ah, yes, the upgrade tax, that most dreadful tax on first-person shooter games.

If you're not sure about which card to pick up, I'd recommend posting in the Christian Gamers Alliance General Discussion Forum and asking for advice. It will be over a year before I have the budget to build a new PC, so I wouldn't know what cards are best right now.

So I guess I'll check out the server when I upgrade. :rolleyes: Ciao for now.
Excellent!

What's your Steam ID? Add me (my Steam ID is [toj.cc]Tek7), send me a message with the nickname you chose when applying to join Tribe of Judah, and I'll send you an invite to the ToJ Steam Community Group.

Computers

I dunno, I just bought my new comp couple days ago after 4 years of not upgrading. 500gig hard drive for 100$ I was shocked at how cheap computers are getting. The only thing I got lucky was on a vid card. friend had one he thought was busted but it was just the fan so he gave me a ati 800xl. But still most cards that can run things good are getting cheap. Who knows.. alot of it seems so unnecessary.

I dunno, I just bought my new comp couple days ago after 4 years of not upgrading. 500gig hard drive for 100$ I was shocked at how cheap computers are getting.
The prices are dropping, true, but, unfortunately, student loans * 2 > new PC.

:(

Fortunately, my parents bought me a notebook for graduation in 2006 and I picked the specs myself. My notebook plays TF2 quite nicely, but I have to turn the detail levels down for UT3. I'm not too concerned, though; I have several games I still need to play before I start looking toward the next generation of FPS games.

My SteamID is Keerosene, I can't seem to find the server in the browser, but I'll keep looking.

Edit: Played a few rounds, really liking the players. ^_^

Last edited:
My SteamID is Keerosene,
Aha! That was you! Welcome to the fold, Keero.
I can't seem to find the server in the browser, but I'll keep looking.
I have the server saved to my Favorites and I often have to refresh 3 times before it--and other servers in my faves--shows up. It seems Steam is a bit buggy (shock!) when it comes to refreshing TF2 servers.
Edit: Played a few rounds, really liking the players. ^_^
Good to hear. ^^

Last night's round on cp_dustbowl was one of the best I've played. Very close, very evenly matched.

Aye, was great seeing you on there with us Keero...also glad to know who you are now. LOL. The server always seems to start off kinda slow in the evenings, needing one or two people to get on, but after that we usually end up with a really good crowd.

Joined the group. Do I change my tag or do I keep it the same? Also I got my 8600gt (a better deal), 2gigs ram, and PSU when I came home from school, so was on for a long time. It doesn't lag anymore! ^_^ Wee.

Last edited:
Generally, in order to help ToJ members find and identify each other, and also to advertise the clan, we ask that you put the "[toj.cc]" in front of your name. Gracias!

Back