Getting back into the game...

gerrtGSU06-CTS

Hey all,

I've been out for a while and come to think of it I don't think I've ever really been much of a poster, even when I was big into the game, but hi there! You may have seen me running around a bit, mostly on my Ritualist "Gaius Borthwick" but I'll go ahead and throw up a list of the rest of my character's names as well as classes and roles/builds I tend to fill with them so you can know what to ask of me.

Gaius Borthwick: Rit/Necro, my main build is a SoS/Vampirism/Bloodsong/Painful Bond combo that usually includes either Gaze of Fury (when there's enemy spirits) or Renewing Surge for energy management and DoT. I'm more or less trying to max things out with him, so you'll usually see me asking if anyone wants to run VQs with him for SS ranks right now. His other build involves Aura of the Lich and Boon of Creation/Explosive Growth/Gift of the Spirit, so that's fun too! (Side note, Gaius Borthwick was the name of my first DnD character ever, that's all).

Uncle Muscles: A/Ranger by trade, I was a bleeding crit-barrager before they nerfed sharpen daggers. I've been working on a Shadow Form Tank build though, and I think I've just about got the kinks worked out of it. I tried it out this afternoon and managed to kill 3 Roaring Ethers and a Sapphire Djinn without breaking a sweat. On hard mode at that.

Garrett of Benjamin: Par/War, imbagon. Nuff Said. I pretty much only run imbagon on him. (Also, Garrett's my name in real life, translates to "spear warrior." go figure.)

Shareesh Sandblade: Derv/anything, but my favorite is Derv/Assassin for Avatar of Dwayna Cheese...ask me sometime, but it's loads of fun. I recently tried to make a tank of him with Earth Magic, if you remember that run. Didn't work. Back to the drawing board....

Count Orpheus: N/Mo, usually either a MM or a SS necro. I love doing both.

Bayne Crushbone: Warrior/Mo, haven't played him in a long time, but I usually run axes with him. Either triple chop/tactics, Cyclone/gladiators defenses, or I have a low-energy Support Warrior that can remove conditions and hexes for free as well as Succor the Monks for energy management. No promises on my skill at this one, but I'd be happy to try.

Faythe Windstar: My monk...go ahead and laugh, she's a she. I can run smite/prot, healing of various kinds, whatever. I have more elites with her than any of my other characters.

Tiburon Seaborne: Ranger/Elementalist, brings the pain with Conjure (ice/fire/air) and barrage. A neat little combo if I may say so, syncs up nice if someone brings splinter weapon too. Can be run with or without elemental bow mods due to the fact that he has Greater Conflagration too. Whee.

So that's my guys, hope to see you all around and here as well where I hope to get more active.

Final Side note, I made all these characters over the last 5 years and it never really occurred to me to have a naming theme for them for the sake of ease. Sorry bout that. Take care all, happy hunting.

Just out of curiosity, character names phonics, and avatar...you wouldn't happen to read order of the stick, would you?

Oh absolutely! I love OoTS. In fact, back in the day when I first started playing my friends and I had a guild of our own called "The Order of the Stick [OTS]" but if disbanded a few weeks later when I went on vacation and my guild leader gave leadership to someone else, quit the game, and then the new leader quit without telling anyone....

...bummer...

New guild leader failed their will save or is a munchkin. FYI if you wait a month, guild will drop down to the next ranking member.

Meh, life went on. Besides, if I hadn't quit the guild I'd never have started up with SOE, so it all worked out in the end as far as I'm concerned.

Back