Gday

Themaxfactor

Hey guys, just thought I'd introducme myself..

my name's Ben... Im from the Blue Mountains near Sydney Australia..

just wondering if there are any other Aus members on CGA? I play mostly on Proudmore and was wondering if there were any Christian guilds there?

Anywayz... if there's anyone out there I'd love to hear back...

peas
Ben

Hey!

Ah! there ARE friendly people on these forums... joined another niche Christian forum once... introduced myself and got ZERO response... well, glad to see people are kicking, AND will chat to strangers from Aus...

A question I had for you guys was: Summer camps- have any of you ever been involved with a video game/LAN summer camp before?

In Aus, the main camp organisations are called Anglican Youthworks (AYW) and Crusaders - both Christian organisations... and basically Im trying to outline a proposal for a gaming camp (camps here only go for a week - not 1 -3months!)... so if anyone has ever been involved in one - I DO know they exist - let me know, I'd love to know what challenges you faced... and if no-one - then what forseeable ethical issued do you propose to be involved in the running of such a camp... Game content, piracy/fire sharing, cost (consoles, computers, software licenses), logistics etc... anything else??

Basically, gaming is huge, and it's only getting bigger- why not reach those kids where they're at... bring God into it- the way we treat each other online, the content we share, the sites we access, the games we play... this is the sort of stuff I want to cover as its only going to get increasingly important...

anywayz- would love your thoughts!

Ben/themaxfactor

Haven't heard of anything like that here in the States, but I do have a lot of experience putting together very large 3 day LANs. Logistically, the PCs are the easiest to figure out, as there are companies that lease computers all over the world. Networking, power, and file management are the 3 big issues we find. To handle the piracy issue, the best way we've found is to take a tough stance on it. A one strike, you're out policy protects your investment and also sends a good message to the other kids. I'd love to find out more information on these camps as well, especially if someone knows of some Stateside.

Back