Game Update Notes - April 30, 2013

I'm curious to see how much engi confusion builds change in WvW...got my engi to 60 doing WvW and would be sad to have to swap to a different build just to make it viable :(

Four main things I see: guild missions, rangers, PvP, and lack of dungeon update.

Guild Missions - New Rush, yay! Also, it looks like they fixed the bosses that made most bounty runs VERY annoying. Kamali should be manageable now because the old mechanics made him next to impossible. Less spawn locations for Sotzz, and the hiding bosses now spawn if you get most of their targets. So...no more hitting 99 trees just to be unlucky finding the 1 someone is under.

Rangers - Finally might get some play time on mine. I really liked them in the beta, but they were just too buggy for me early on. Looking for a second main at the moment...going to take a close look at this.

PvP - Aside from spectator mode and custom arenas, the big one that caught my eye here was the ability to pick red or blue team. This should make it MUCH easier to do some skirmishes in-guild. Maybe we can have sPvP practice where we do 5 on 5, and swap the lowest/highest scores each time. Speaking of...how about some PvP Tuesdays? Anyone? I'm figuring we'll be in the dungeon tonight, but let's plan on trying that next week.

Dungeon update - I haven't done many dungeons the past few months outside of fotm, but I've been following updates closely. January saw the AC change-up which made the dungeon more dynamic, and we were promised more of the same soon. February was supposed to be big. Now we're at April and nothing. My guess is that due to the unpopularity of the AC update, the team changed directions...but who knows what that direction is? Also...still no CoF nerf, yuck. I'm getting to the point I might as well go farm there while the farmin's good. :)

Well, we do get a new dungeon that can only be run for the next month and a half, and supposedly specifically designed so that it isn't worth the hassle to try and skip content to speed clear it.

Also some significant changes for Thief, Ele, Mesmer, and Engie.

The idea of creating some structured, in-guild PvP sounds great. I would love specific training in how to be a better PvP player from those of us who are more experienced with it (which isn't a very high bar at all). It'd be great to have a regular LoE PvP team or teams.

Not month and a half - it's gone this month I think. Also, the new dungeon was built by the Living Story team, not the dungeon team...so that's not what diverted them. February was supposed to bring more like we saw in AC, and now we're 3 updates without a peep. Hence why I'm making guesses as to why, and chances are they switched up directions a bit.

You're right! I totally missed that. It's only up for 13 days! That's crazy. Why in the world...

I wasn't really speculating on who's developing what, just saying on the dungeon front there is something new. Not a fix to the old ones, but a new one added. For two weeks... :p

As a diehard ranger I am curious to see how well these changes work in dungeons. I cant say Ive paid close attention to all the AoE patterns that drop (other when they drop near me), but if they are falling primarily in a frontal cone (even a wide cone) having melee pets park themselves behind a boss could be a big improvement for pet survivability in dungeons. I have 2 rangers one with no BM points and one with 30, so I will have to try out some dungeons to see how well melee pets do in surviving them. I still feel they need to reduce the death penalty on pet swapping 1 min is way too long on something that is supposed to be a central part of our class mechanics.

Back