Frontiers

Jasmina

Hi all,

Hope everything is going well for everyone. Blednnyn and I have been busy with a hectic work schedule and playing Horizons in our spare time (what little theres been lately) Was wondering if anyone in the guild has been beta testing the new frontiers and what they think of it so far. I just read about the adding of battle grounds from lvl 1 through 44 and that repeaked my interest a little in things. Debating on renewing our subscribtions to check out the frontiers but want some input on what you all think about it. Have fun abd feel free to drop me a line at agapegal@ureach.com...i may be slow to respond but i try to check it at least every few days.
smile.gif

lets keep in prayer that Bled and Jaz would be marveled at the new additions to DAoC, thus bringing back 2 of our most powerful members.

We all miss you and your absense is felt. If you do come back, the guild would be blessed 10 fold compared to adding any given pali or mins to the guild.

~C

I will say this about the new changes.

I played a few nights and it was like pure speed. Battles everywhere and the ability to get to them in under 2 mins. I was not concerned with realm points. I will say it is build for massive RvR in the normal frontiers. It will be very good. The lag is not present in most situations due to the change in servers. If you did not know the frontier areas are currently on the same servers as the classic areas. That means if there are 300 in our frontier they are sharing processor and bandwith with everyone in the regular zones of Albion (any where you do not have to port too). They will now be on independent servers. They are designing the areas to hold 1500 people. It looks like it will take that many to take a relic.

The information about leveling in RvR is very interesting. Especially with Keep Lords being worth a ton of xp. Those of us with 50's win again. It will be so much easier to level a 20 to 50 than before. All in all it looks to be a shot in the arm after the ToA failure.

I know some may think it was not, but the add on did nothing the way it was promised and unbalanced the game beyond belief. If the is not a enough, they are still patching mistakes from the orginal boxed cd.

Mythic is putting a great deal of energy to make this work.

PS- I agree with Camm. <prays for Jaz and Bled to be filled with the spirit of KoT and DAoC> <prays for bugs and glitches in horizons>
tounge.gif

So far Blednnyn and I are enjoying the beta. but then again we always did like the battlegrounds. I so want a keep for our guild hall lol. They really should upgrade housing to look similiar lol. We havemt decided for sure what realm we want to play when frontiers is official as alb itself discouraged us in the past but who knows perhaps things will improve with the free expansion. I like most of the changes so far and have even started a necro that i may actally keep. Will be stopping in from time to time to visit with you guys. Be Blessed.

A friend and I are going to hit up pendragon for good serious frontiers fun. I haven't played DAoC in over a year, I just didn't like it. But what they are doing now sounds like exactly what I want. And I'm going to find out soon. My friend has 2 accounts so we'll play together for a while. If I do really like... I may start up again. We are both going to play theurgists, one ice and one air. We will totally rock the frontier :p I'm stoked

Back