Friend has breast cancer

blackweb

Some people are hard to pray for but we should still pray for them. A female member of my guild has breast cancer, again. Her name is Lynn. She is on chemo therapy right now. She is a single mom, has a 12 year old son and a 17 year old daughter. She does not have any health insurance. She does not have a steady income stream.

Now comes the hard part. She says that she is a christian but doesnt often act like one. She works in the entertainment industry as a singer and dancer (she is not a stripper or prostitute). She is very attractive and she uses her good looks to flirt with and manipulate men. When confronted about it, she says "thats just the way I am". I have learned that when it comes to bad behavior, God will never accept "thats just the way I am", especially from a christian.

Her spiritual need might be greater than her physical need. In my opinion, the two are related. Please pray for Lynn and for me being her friend. It is not easy to be her friend.

Last edited:
Complex situation, but God is excellent at those. Praying.

She really challenges me. I have asked God repeatedly why he brought her into my life. I must confess that I am not immune to her charms and I am single. However, I have been a gentleman and have not crossed the line with her.

Back