Friday 16 June, 2017

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?

Psalm 118:21-24
118:21 I thank you that you have answered me and have become my salvation.
118:22 The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone.
118:23 This is the LORD's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
118:24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Joy in Times of Stress

Friday, June 16th, 2017

Read Psalm 118:21-24

View the May-June, 2017 Issue
This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.

- Psalm 118:24 (NRSV)

My husband and I were going through some difficult times with work-related stress and financial worries. We had moved back to the United States after living in another country. We accepted the first jobs we were offered. Pinching pennies became a way of life as we struggled to pay our bills on our new incomes. The need to find better employment overshadowed our lives. The stress made it difficult to enjoy life, and over time it began to wear on us.

One morning as I was meditating, the verse quoted above came to my mind. For the first time in a while, I thought about joys that I could find in the world every day. I remembered that a walk in the woods had brought me close to the fresh scent of trees and soil, the musical sound of birds conversing, and the feeling of a gentle breeze across my face. And it didn’t cost a dime!

Scripture helped me realize that every day can bring something to enjoy, if I will only look for it. In time my husband and I got back into the habit of seeing God’s gifts right in front of us, and that went a long way toward easing our stress. The Lord has created many reasons to rejoice and be glad within this day and every day.

Read more from the author, here.

The Author
Courtney Hill Gulbro (Alabama, USA)
Thought for the Day

God made today, and that is a reason to rejoice!

Prayer
Loving Father, help us to allow the joy of your world to reach us even during times of stress. Amen.

Prayer focusSomeone struggling financially

I know some of are struggling with various issues, financial is a commen one, just thought this devotional might help some.

Back