Freelancer

I am pretty sure Alaska is closed once you finish the singleplayer storyline. You can still get to the jump gate though.

Yeah, it sure seems closed. After finishing the game, I went to the map and clicked in Zone 21 and on the Alaska area. I used the Information button to find out information and all it says is stuff about not entering in there. You will be shot down. You won't make it through the mines. It's a restricted and classified area. Then one of the rumors someone told me was to not enter into Alaska system because if the mines don't get me, Liberty pilots will.

Sounds like they REALLY don't want you getting back there. Bummer.
sad.gif

I've got the Full version of Freelancer, I've been
up to the mission where you attack the Alien looking
Big ship's and I've used a hawk fighter with tanto
laser's and slingshot missile and It is difficult
to blow up these big ships with these weapon's. I
think it's an excellent game and I kept playing it
and playing it quite a bit.

Are you on the level where the alien ships are docked? That was tough. You gotta destroy them while you have all sorts of ships firing back at you. I'll give you a small hint below.

[****WARNING: minor SPOILER below****]

OK. This isn't the full answer of what I did, but you will need something more powerful than the slingshot missle. Actually, I used a mixture of missles and something else. I won't tell you what that something else is, though.
wink.gif
It will still take awhile to finish the mission. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I've Finished the main campaign and the question's
i've got is:

Would I be able to go to the solar system?
Can I destroy big bases like docking ring's?

Congratulations on finishing the game.

What do you mean by "go to the solar system"? There is a Freelancer mod called "Sol" where someone has created our own solar system with all the planets.

Nope. You can't destroy the docking rings or space stations. But I think there is a mod that allows you to do this.

My favorite Freelancer site is Lancer's Reactor. You should check them out. Great site for all sorts of information. Lots of mods. And nice forums.

The intro movie used to be alot longer that it is now, and in the movie it showed the [can't say, may spoil something for someone] destroy the Sol system. That part seemed to be missing from the new intro, so for all I know, Sol may be dead in the FL universe.

If you want to see the old intro, go here and DL the "Freelancer Intro" (I think thats it...)

Yep. Freelancer Intro is the correct one. The 52 MB one. Yeah, I can see why they cut the video. It gives away the mystery of the game. Part of what made the SP game so cool was the mysterious storyline and having it slowly revealed.

You can still play the Sol mod though. I think it's only planets and maybe some moons as well. I don't believe there are any places to dock at this point.

NSpire, are you part of Lancer's Reactor? Do you play on-line? I am mostly on the following servers: "Pacific Northwest Freelancer", "24/7 Seattle", and " DA Patch", which I haven't seen up in awhile, so maybe they are done testing the server patch. But I am still at low levels on all the servers. I had accounts on Lancer's Reactor "Elite" and "E2" servers, but they took them down. I also have an account on "TLR" but I don't get on that one too much.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SSquared @ April 24 2003,10:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NSpire, are you part of Lancer's Reactor?
No, but I post on the forum from time to time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Do you play on-line?

Yes, but I am messing around with the INI files right now, so I would be accused of cheating (or the files would just crash the server
smile.gif
) if I played online.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I had accounts on Lancer's Reactor "Elite" and "E2" servers, but they took them down. I also have an account on "TLR" but I don't get on that one too much.
Never go onto the TLR servers, they are always full. I don't have time to sit at my computer hitting the refresh button over and over waiting for someone to get off
smile.gif

I'm tring to find a good RP server right now.

I've been able to impress the bad guy's on
freelancer and I've been able to make the
corsair's happy and I have been able to get
an expensive titan class ship. I've been in
Omicron gamma, and I suggest to people that
play freelancer that they get a very high
class ship and sheild as they can before going
into Omicron gamma as there is very strong
bounty hunter's and Omicron gamma is home to
the Corsair's, and they I think are strong as
well. I'm in Hokkaido at the moment being a
bully boy for the Blood dragon's and Golden
C-blah blah blah. I've got a class 10 positron
Shield, I think.

laugh.gif

Sounds like you are ahead of me now.
laugh.gif

I haven't been to Omicron Gamma. And I don't have nearly as powerful a ship. I'm going to build myself up for a bit, looking for the good guy planets and space stations. Then I'll try to become friendly with the less reputable factions and see what THEY have to offer.

Have you been able to at least get the demo? There's a mod out there that let's you continue playing even after you reach Level 2.

Why you need to get way over there anyway? Just get the sabre from dresden. All ya gotta do is get neutral with the hessians. Just kill some police out on patrol.

"There's a mod out there that let's you continue playing even after you reach Level 2."

Really? I gotta get it (I have the demo already).

I liked the demo expansion for Deus Ex but the problem was when I got the game I had to replay 3 hours worth of stuff. -_-

I don't remember the name of the mod. It's somewhere on Lancer's Reactor. It's one of the Open Mod's or something like that. Keep in mind, I think you can only fly around the one system. But you will make money and buy a better ship. And then maybe check out the 'badlands'.

Do you know about the patrol routes? Go into your Nav Map and check out the patrol routes. You can see them for friendly, enemy, and neutral. Every endpoint usually means there's something there. This way, you can fly out to the enemy endpoints and see what they have.

This game was good, but I found the single player very lacking. The game was wayyy too short, and I'm sure multiplayer is a blast, but I play games mainly for single player/story, and while the story's decent, the length of the single player missions left much to be desired. Wing Commander 4 is still the best space game ever.

I totally agree. The single player campaign was WAY too short. But why not continue with trying to find new planets...new space stations...sell commodities...buy better ships? Also, I am much more a SP game person as well. The MP aspect of Freelancer isn't too much different than SP, but now you get to team up with other people. Or you can become your own gang of pirates, raiding the other players. The one downfall with the game is there isn't much variety with the missions. But...well...read my full review on CCGR. It should be up within the next few days. I just need to look it over first.

That's exactly the problem I have with the game since I beat the single player missions. There aren't any variety to the missions. There are like 4 or 5 different types of missions (probably even less). It's ability to hold my attention just disappeared after I beat it...There needs to be a next-great space sim game. I wish it'd be an another wing commander but sadly it will not be =(

I'll probably pick it up again once there are good number of mods for Freelancer.

Back