Favorite Bible Verses

[toj.cc]phantom

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
Just post your favorite verse, you can post why you like them too.

Revelations 21:8 But for the cowardly, unbelieving, sinners, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their part is in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death."
Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Matthew 13:39 The field is the world; the good seeds are the children of the Kingdom; but the tares are the children of the Wicked One. The Enemy the sowed them is the Devil; the Harvest is the End of the Age; and the Reapers are the Angels.

Last edited:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path. Prov 3:5,6

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

at Exodus 21:20-21 "If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property."

Exodus 21:7-8 "And in case a man should sell his daughter as a slave girl, she will not go out in the way that the slave men go out. If she is displeasing in the eyes of her master so that he doesn't designate her as a concubine but causes her to be redeemed, he will not be entitled to sell her to a foreign people in his treacherously dealing with her."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;" (Exodus 20:5)

Exodus 21:24
Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
21:25
Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.

Exodus 21:26
And if a man smite the eye of his servant, or the eye of his maid, that it perish; he shall let him go free for his eye's sake.

^I like to use these verses to put the whole slavery issue into context, when people try to butcher pieces out of the Bible...

John 16:33
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
^ and this is my current favorite verse

Asking for a favorite Bible verse is a tough one! Ditto for music and movies; there are too many good ones! The verses that make up the Romans Road are all too beautiful, more especially when you get to witness someone asking Jesus into their heart! Verses that come to life as the Holy Spirit reminds us that God is there, and that He never leaves us are equally as wonderful. Such is this verse, as I have diligently prayed this year for God to allow me to understand His Love and to mold and make me to have that Love for Him, and others. This verse is one such reminder and it amazes me that God, the Creator of the universe could have a single thought of me!

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Therefore ,if anyone is in Christ : New Creation! the old has gone,the new has come!
All this is from God,who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:That God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ,not counting mens sins against them And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Back