can you be the female at Heaven's Gate
can you light up the world without knowledge
beget things and keep them
but beget without possessing
keep without controlling
this is Dark Virtue

Tao Te Ching

Slave-id Zee

I grew up in a very white-washed New York State suburb, and basically kept to myself and my very traditional Chinese-American ways. When one of my friends, an Irish/Italian from the innercity started hanging out with an African American dude, I felt uncomfortable, even though this new friend was a cool guy. My friend, noticing, started calling me "slavid" in a friendly way, a combination of my name and the word slave. I think he was trying to remind me of the subtle evils of closed-mindedness. It was a humbling thing for someone who would never consider himself racist. I kept it, because as I've grown in my faith, the word slavery has popped again, like in Romans 6, when Paul talks about being a slave to righteousness.

Zee just looks like Lee, but more 'l33t' I also like how it's the last letter of the alphabet.

Yeah, sorry, I tend to have these totally internal reasons for picking screennames. don't even get me started on my old AIM SN: daveybl8!

-Dave

I have two that I use regularly (sorry, it's long)

Genesis1315
When I purchased the home we live in, it only took 15 days from the time we first looked at the house to the date we moved in. Many made the comment that God was certainly working in your favor. I was also studying the book of Genesis and came across the passage

After Lot had separated from him, the Lord said to Abram, "Look from the place where you are. Look north and south, east and west, for I will give you and your offspring forever all the land that you see. I will make your offspring like the dust of the earth, so that if one could count the dust of the earth, then your offspring could be counted. Get up and walk from one end of the land to the other, for I will give it to you."

So Abram moved his tent and went to live beside the oaks of Mamre at Hebron, where he built an altar to the Lord.

13:15 was in the middle and summarized it all nicely. It also helps me to remember Who really provides for me

GourmetButterfly
I play CS under GourmetButterfly. I chose this name because I love the transforming work that God has done and is doing in my life (butterfly). And since God only wants the best for us, Gourmet seemed to capture it nicely

Gen

phasetim-- tim is my first name, phase is from phase_modulation a word i thought was cool when i was about 12 years old

deadlywaffle--- figured the deadly was good for cs, and waffle because i manage a waffle house

Well, I'm just known as Fred everywhere! And Fred1000000 is my username for all other sites, sooooooooooooooooooooooo, yeah!

Do I really need too?
laf, when I read your posts GP I picture Hobbes is posting because of your avatar and your sense of humor is the same.

^and look, Icthus changed his avatar! I no longer get the hibby jibbies before reading his posts!

Back