Editing Threads?

Flamethrøwer

I can't seem to edit my Cybertech thread. I made sure I was logged in and everything. Anyone else having this problem? I don't want to wait for it to be fixed, so I'll just start a new one.

I think as with all CGA threads, you only get edit rights for <24 hours. Then you have to be a moderator to edit.

You can either post the info in a reply and I can edit the OP for you, or start a new one and I can delete the old one for you.

I think as with all CGA threads, you only get edit rights for <24 hours. Then you have to be a moderator to edit.

Ohhh ok. I guess I was a moderator in the WoW forums for so long, I just got used to being able to edit my own threads! I made a new thread (and I suppose I'll be making several more), so just delete the old ones when you see them.

Thanks!

I don't remember the exact post edit deadline, but yes, that's correct that edits are locked out after a set time. We made the change after a forum user abused the edit function to remove several of his inflammatory posts. ("This is why we can't have nice things," and all that.)

An alternative to creating new threads and deleted old threads is to request moderator status. The decision would be up to Grimbeorn as Guild Leader, of course, but you're welcome to ask.

I don't remember the exact post edit deadline, but yes, that's correct that edits are locked out after a set time. We made the change after a forum user abused the edit function to remove several of his inflammatory posts. ("This is why we can't have nice things," and all that.)

An alternative to creating new threads and deleted old threads is to request moderator status. The decision would be up to Grimbeorn as Guild Leader, of course, but you're welcome to ask.

At this point, I'd only be using it to update my crafting thread, so moderator status would seem like overkill. As long as a mod doesn't mind catching and deleting my old ones every once in a while, I don't mind copy/pasting and adding to them :D

I usually check the forums daily and have no problem doing that. I have been out of town all week but at the first of the year I will be back in action with more regular forum trollin.

At this point, I'd only be using it to update my crafting thread, so moderator status would seem like overkill. As long as a mod doesn't mind catching and deleting my old ones every once in a while, I don't mind copy/pasting and adding to them :D

If you'd like moderator status then I'd be fine with that, but I figured that we will need more officers than moderators so I didn't ask for moderator status on all of the officers. Ewok and I both check the forums often anyway, and as you said it would kind of be overkill to have moderator status just to update one thread every now and then.

Back