Early Rumors From E3

SlavidZee

Taken from :http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/08/new-alliance-race-wow-rumours-start-early/

"Looking at a video on the show floor, the new Alliance race is ugly with grayish skin, and glowing eyes similar to the Forsaken. Its chin has two things like tentacles hanging down, one on either side, and it's humanoid and human-size. There's also a huge picture of Antonidas nearby."

Possibly The Broken, one of the Drenei factions. Can someone tell me more about them? I vaguely remember coming across them in the Frozen Throne Orc campaign. Aren't they all just very crotchety and distrustful? I guess they'll add spice to the alliance zones though.

:DL

"Our informer writes, Having researched this further I am certain that the race is the Broken, the Draenei faction that remain in Outland."

YAY!!! I don't have to switch to the Horde side. If we had murlocs, I was gone. Glad to see that it was one of the 2 races that I wanted.

Here are 2 pictures for everyone to get an idea of what the Draenei race look like. How different the "Broken" will look, I do not know.
http://www.gry-online.pl/.\Galeria\Html\Wiadomosci\165251953.jpg

http://www.se7ensamurai.com/399.jpg

Here is also some information about the Broken incase you all don't know about them. I don't understand why it says they are allied with the Blood Elfs however. Mabye since the Blood Elfs are now allied with the Orcs, the Broken are now at war with them? Not sure, but it's a possibility. Guess we'll find out tomorrow after E3.

The draenei are one of the three primary races native to Draenor, the others being orcs and ogres. They once populated the planet heavily and enjoyed a shamanistic lifestyle and a very close magical bond to the planet itself. Unfortunately, they were almost completely exterminated by the orcs shortly after their corruption by the warlock Gul'dan.

After the Dark Portal was destroyed, Draenor collapsed in on itself and what remained was a sundered mass of planetary debris and floating asteroids, hovering in stasis within the Twisting Nether. The regions of Draenor that are still habitable are now known as Outland. Draenor was not the only thing to change in this ordeal, as the draenei were altered by the destruction of their world. Lore suggests they were formerly more human or orcish-looking, with greenish and greyish skin, but a combination of irradiation by the collapsing demonic energies of the Dark Portal and magical disfiguration from their link to the sundered world mutated them into the aged, weathered creatures they are today. (Source)

Draenei are consumed by an unquenchable bloodlust whenever they know orcs are near, as they are bitter enemies.

The Broken
Though the draenei were thought by many to have been completely wiped out by the orcs' genocide, Illidan and his forces discovered a surviving draenei village in Outland during their flight from Azeroth. These draenei swore allegiance to Illidan in return for his liberating them from orcish and demonic oppression. Having been corrupted by demonic influences, they have lost some of their former abilities, and their already broken forms have been further altered, causing them to become known as the Broken.

The Broken are renowned for being unbeatable spies and assassins, as their warriors can shadowmeld regardless of the time of day and even while moving. They are currently ruled by Akama, the elder sage, and are allied with Illidan's naga and blood elves.

Last edited:
Reason said:
The draenei are one of the three primary races native to Draenor, the others being orcs and ogres. They once populated the planet heavily and enjoyed a shamanistic lifestyle and a very close magical bond to the planet itself.

So does that mean that they can become both shamans and druids? :eek: I suspect not on the shaman front, because I believe that Blizzard likes the idea of each side having one unique class. Still it is possible that both the blood elves and drenai might be able to select druid as a class.

Perhaps one of you more versed in Blizzard-lore could comment?

faust said:
So does that mean that they can become both shamans and druids? :eek: I suspect not on the shaman front, because I believe that Blizzard likes the idea of each side having one unique class. Still it is possible that both the blood elves and drenai might be able to select druid as a class.

The only way that the Broken would get a druid class is if the Bloodelfs also got it. It is possible. Since the Bloodelfs rely mainly on magic, and not energy (druid cat form and a rogue's 2nd bar), I can't be sure. It is possible though.

The part that I found THE best out of all of the above information was the following. "The Broken are renowned for being unbeatable spies and assassins, as their warriors can shadowmeld regardless of the time of day and even while moving" If the Broken can shadowmeld, then the Bloodelfs will be able to also. It would not be fair to have 2 Alliance races being able to do that, and none on the Horde side.

Look for a Warrior class of course, and a sure fire bet that the new race will be a Rogues as well. A race that can shadowmeld while moving, look out. The timer on that is going to have to be around 10 minutes though I would bet. You can't just have an entire race that can walk around in stealth the whole time. As much as I would like it, for PvP reasons that would put the ball in the Alliances hand the WHOLE time. Rogues, Mages, Warriors, Priests, etc, all walking around stealthed? Not going to happen unless it's on a timer.

Last edited:
I would say they can be warriors, rogues, druids (if not shamans) and mages. I could see the Blood Elves being druids, mages, warriors and priests.

From Worldofwar.net :

Draenei in our Sights? -- Posted by Elly

Aubrey Alexander sends word that Gamespy speculate that the Burning Crusade video to be shown at E3 from Wednesday will reveal the fifth alliance race to be the Draenei. This hasn't been confirmed by Blizzard but having viewed the video and seen the race as follows:

A huge race about the size of Taurens. They have bluish skin (although as with the other races, this could be customizable) and small mindflayer-like tentacles hanging from their chin. They also have a large tail (maybe scaled) and what look like hooves.
However, this sounds very much like the Eredar, not the Draenei. But we'll know for sure soon enough.

Eredar link http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/eredarwarlock.shtml

The Eredar do have the little tentacle things hanging off their chin that both posters talked about.

Tinie/Angie

I doubt Blizzard would allow a race to actually move while stealthed without making it farily weak in some way. Perhaps it's easily spotted? Perhaps it only works for a few seconds every few minutes? Not sure, but it would be game breaking to allow all the classes a drenai to play to be stealthed (excepting rogue of coarse, and potentially feral kitty druids).

Anyways, I think it'll feel weird for those who don't buy the expansion, to see all these new races, items and abilities out in the world, but yet are unable to travel to draenor or use a draenei or blood elf races. More importantly, I'd imagine that in PVP realms, players would feel pressued to shell out more money in order to not get ganked by level 70's all the time.

I have a feeling that you will be able to do certain things after the expansion is out without having to purchase the expansion. Getting to level 70 will probably be one of these things. General tweaks to your class and things of that nature you will probably get whether you buy the expansion or not.

I doubt you would be able to do things like: Play the new races, access new zones like the Outlands, take up jewelcrafting (altho you probably will be able to wear stuff crafted by them), equip BoE drops from new dungeons etc etc.

You won't get access to any of the major content additions, but they have to make it so that your character is still "compatible" with the post-expansion world.

Curse took their site down for a system overhaul. Last I checked, they were 70% complete with the final step before the system is put back online.

Back