DUPLICATE CD KEY

Avesther

Thank you hackers, may steam burn your accounts for hijacking my Orange Box CDKey before I even opened the box!!!

Noooooooooooooooooes thats horrible like in a stinky nasty stubbed my toe on a moving train kind of way.

Thank you hackers, may steam burn your accounts for hijacking my Orange Box CDKey before I even opened the box!!!

I have found this to be a common problem with all Steam products, happened to my Half Life 2, and they wouldn't help me at all...

Where did you obtain your copy, both Walmart and Best Buy have noticed that some CD Keys of their games aren't working (Duplicates), and they are trying to find the source...

I have found this to be a common problem with all Steam products, happened to my Half Life 2, and they wouldn't help me at all...

Where did you obtain your copy, both Walmart and Best Buy have noticed that some CD Keys of their games aren't working (Duplicates), and they are trying to find the source...

I was told to prove that the key is mine, so maybe they will do something, considering I can prove it.

If you have your receipt from with a SKU or UPC on it I'd imagine that would do the trick. Or maybe just the proof of purchase off the box. From what I've heard, Steam (or Valve) is really awful when it comes to support for these issues, but maybe they've gotten better. It would be pretty awful if you had a box in-hand and receipt stuck to if that isn't enough to fulfill your burden of proof.

I bought "The Orange Box" at Walmart about 2 weeks ago and mine worked :) I haven't seen that many people on the TOJ TF2 server though. Maybe I'm just playing at the wrong times.

<off-topic>
@Proudfoot: sometimes it takes a few players to get on the server before a full match starts up. Best thing to do is to message other ToJ members on your friend's list, or find others in the ToJ group who are playing TF2, and let 'em know you're looking for a game on the TF2 server.

We also do monthly game nights (the last one was last week), we'll be announcing one for next month real soon. We're also looking into starting up a regular weekly, casual server sessions. Stay tuned for more.

Be sure to add me as a friend ([toj.cc]Shagz) and we'll hook up!

PS - where's your forum pic from? A kungfu panda?
</offtopic>

That sucks with the Steam key business! I never heard of this happening before, that's terrible. Let us know if you get any traction with Valve.

Here is the option: They do nothing, I get a random key generator. I keep trying keys until I get one that works. Of course that will flag my account and I suspect somebody will come a knocking. At which time, armed with me following their steps to get this resolved, original box, receipt and cdkey, they can explain to which ever judge they drag me to why they did nothing. Simple as that.

Yeah, I got mine as a gift, they got it for me from Best Buy, and because I didn't have a receipt, they said I could've stolen it...

They contacted me today. They want a digitial copy of my sales receipt and they'll do a key reset for me. :) So hopefully in the next day or two, it will all be better.

Back