Dungeon Seige III

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
As you have probably figured out by now, you can pretty much count on my interest in any game with "dungeon" in the title.

I played the daylights out of the original Dungeon Seige (which was mostly outside of dungeons?) back in the day with some friends. I think this could be a tremendously fun (and long lasting) game for folks to play together at some point. I know we won't all be running out and buying it at $60 (I know I won't), but any chance we could agree to set $30 aside at some point if the demo pans out?

That seems pretty doable... at least for now. If it comes out/price drops around the same time as other games higher on my must have list, though... well... y'know how that goes. :p

But I watched the trailer on PSN for the game the other day. Totally looks like something I'd love to pieces.

That's why I mention it now. A lot of us tend to get the same games, just at different times. The order in which we play these games doesn't affect being able to play other games, but the time at which we buy these games DOES affect us playing together.

Simply put, I think we should try to time it together and a game like this would be a perfect game for starting new characters together and having a weekly thing. I'll start putting back $5 a month for it into my DS3 fund.

So should I hold out on buying Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale in favor of putting that money toward Dungeon Siege III?

EDIT: I love a good dungeon crawler as much as (likely more than) the next person, but time and money are limited, so I want to make sure I get The Best One.

I would assume both depeneding on when D&D is released. DS3 releases June 21, so it's probably not more than 4-6 weeks after. However, when will it be $30? A month after? Two? Six? I doubt we'll be running out as a group on week one and picking it up; will probably be closer to August/September. So more than likely we're talking 4-5 months apart here.

I'm sure there'll probably be more "meat" to DS3 than D&D:D, but might as well pick up D&D and see what happens between now and whenever.

Honestly, given that I game based on current mood rather than picking a game to devote myself to, I'm more inclined to shell out for D&D on release day... and wait until DS3 hits $20ish.

Back