Dungeon Hunter: Alliance coming next week

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
No idea how good, bad, etc this game is compared to torchlight/diablo/etc. It released on iPhone/iPad first, and will be coming to PSN on the 12th.

http://blog.gameloft.com/uk/index.php/2011/03/01/dungeon-hunter-alliance-set-for-april/

4 player local and online play. If it's any good, this is my kinda game.

Edit: Should add, trailers are on youtube; look very fun. Spotted move support in the trailer; will see how that works out.

Pricing: $12.99

...or $9.74 for those with the awesome PSN+ subs. Woot.

Last edited:
It looks pretty enjoyable to me, but you know the story. Tryna not buy new games every time one comes out and all. :p

It looks pretty enjoyable to me, but you know the story. Tryna not buy new games every time one comes out and all. :p

Yes, I know that story. But also have to ask yourself:
$35 for fee realms, plus any DLC you get suckered into buying.

- Or -

This, for $9.74 + a disc-based game or a few more PSN titles, etc.

I believe the choice is clear, my brother.

Waiting on reviews first, but it does look like something I would enjoy. I miss my Marvel Ultimate Alliance-type games. xD

Yes, I know that story. But also have to ask yourself:
$35 for fee realms, plus any DLC you get suckered into buying.

- Or -

This, for $9.74 + a disc-based game or a few more PSN titles, etc.

I believe the choice is clear, my brother.
This would be a touche moment except for one thing... it'll still be quite a while before I buy a Fee Realms membership. Sooooo... doesn't quite work here. :p

That said, I totally confused this with Dungeon Defenders and didn't click the link. Now that I've clicked the link...

...pretty sure I want this a lot. I love this sort of gaming goodness.

Champions of Norrath HD remake with online multiplayer?

Yes, please.

I tend to favor online co-op brawlers over online co-op action RPGs, but the line between genres is sometimes thin and there's no word yet on whether River City Ransom 2 will have online multiplayer.

Side note: Every time I see a game like this in development, it reminds me how silly Nintendo was/is for not publishing Soma Bringer in the US. Srsly. One of the best DS games ever and easily the best action RPG with local wireless multiplayer ever.

Waiting on reviews first, but it does look like something I would enjoy. I miss my Marvel Ultimate Alliance-type games. xD

You mean like MAU 1 and 2? I'd be up for playing those anytime. They're in my "I bought this multiplayer game in hopes to play with someone but haven't gotten a chance yet" pile.

Champions of Norrath HD remake with online multiplayer?

Just an fyi, this is a new version but it's related to Dungeon Hunter 1 and 2 that came out on iPhone previously. It will be HD and looks pretty slick, but I'm not so sure how it'd stack up against Diablo/torchlight/etc.

Either way, this is insta-buy for me if I know anyone remotely interested in it, because I just love this kind of game way too much.

Edit: Would also add - if you're looking for a Champions-type game, the closest thing atm is Sacred 2. Should be easy to find @ $20 and is awesome; not quite as nice all around as Champions, but better challenge/looting/etc.

Also - Dungeon Seige 3 is on the way. :D

Last edited:
:: bump ::

So apparently this came out on the 5th in PAL, and early reviews seem to be generally favorable. Not surprisingly, there isn't any new ground being broken here. However, it seems it isn't quite as bland as could be feared from a clone, and that "what it clones, it clones right".

It seems there is no option to customize initial character appearance, and some of the dialog is a big bland, but the gameplay, loot formula, etc are all done right. Excellent.

http://gamersonlyolder.com/?p=1207
http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...iew-heads-will-roll-bodies-will-topple-review

What can I say? I've got a fever, and the only perscription, is MORE DUNGEON CRAWLING. I'll be picking up tomorrow and be sure to report back, but for $9.74 this is going to scratch a very itchy itch. Already added funds to the PSN wallet. Ohhh yeah.

Any idea on roughly how long the game is? I have 10 bucks stored up for Xenogears on PSN, but I could always pick that up later (I kinda do have about 12 RPGs to play through completly as it is).

Main thing I'm looking for is fun combat and neat skills.

If you don't have Vagrant Story yet, I must urge you to consider it. Game is cuhrazy!

Lookin' forward to your feedback on DH:A, Ryan!

Any idea on roughly how long the game is? I have 10 bucks stored up for Xenogears on PSN, but I could always pick that up later (I kinda do have about 12 RPGs to play through completly as it is).

Main thing I'm looking for is fun combat and neat skills.

Found a topic on this, one person said ~15 hours on easy mode, but of course this is the kind of game that most of the fun is from repeat (higher level difficulty) playthroughs.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/dun...how_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58755430&pid=624508

Someone here says 1 playthrough = 12-15 hours.
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dungeon-hunter-alliance/101542-so-how-game.html

I've also seen people claim 6-7 hours, but then again - people lie like rugs. I'm not sure if people just lose track of time, underestimate time, or feel the need to brag about their "accomplishments", but I so often hear people lie about how fast they clear things, so I tend to be skeptical of the lower numbers.

Then again, I'm the type that likes to explore, so if it takes 12-15 hours, a playthrough will probably end up taking me 20. :)

Not sure if you play to 100% it, but there are trophies for: beating the campaign with all 3 classes, beating legendary (I believe there are 2 difficulties), doing all quests in "hero" campaign, hitting level 75, etc. I'm not 100% sure how much of that requires extra work (will one hit 75 before beating legendary?), but I see at least 4 playthroughs + some clean-up there. So it should give you at least 50-70 hours of fun if you're so inclined.

Anyway, I believe there will be a demo. We'll find out tomorrow. If there is a demo of reasonable length, maybe we look at doing that for this week's PSN?

Last edited:
Picked up $10 @ WorstBuy today, ready and rarin' to pick this up the moment the PS store refreshes. It's lootin' time.

I didn't see mention of a DH:A demo on Joystiq's PSN Tuesday post, so I'll probably sit this one out and decide between D&D: Daggerdale and Dungeon Siege 3. I <3 dungeon crawlers, but there's only so much time and money to go around. :(

Totally hear that! Well, sitting it out if there's a demo is a moot point, no? If there is one that allows for a decent amount of playtime, we should all hook up and roll newbies sometime; Saturday perhaps? Plus then you can feel better about waiting (or cave? :)).

Totally hear that! Well, sitting it out if there's a demo is a moot point, no? If there is one that allows for a decent amount of playtime, we should all hook up and roll newbies sometime; Saturday perhaps? Plus then you can feel better about waiting (or cave? :)).
I doubt I'll cave. I still have yet to play half of the levels in Castle Crashers and I have four disc-based single-player games I haven't even started yet (two Ratchet & Clank games, Uncharted 1, and inFamous). I'm in no hurry to spend money right now.

Besides, there's a good chance I'll be getting Torchlight II for the PC when it comes out (if the price is reasonable; otherwise, I'll wait until a Steam sale).

As for a DH:A demo: I've only seen one demo that allows online play and that was Critter Crunch (which, of course, I bought shortly after playing the demo). But if the demo does offer online multiplayer, even as a trial with limited time, I'd be interested in playing with you all.

I've seen a lot of demos that allow online play. Castle Crashers comes to mind, Age of Booty (online play actually worked, unlike the retail game), MAG, etc. It seems that developers have finally figured out that they don't need to lock the game down to the point of making people hate their game to prevent people from not buying. If the game is good, people will buy.

Waitin' for game report.

And inFamous is pretty much a must. I couldn't put that game down. It's too good.

...still gotta go back for a run through hard mode as pure evil... and collect all the stuff I haven't yet collected. >.>

Back