Does anyone play Spring?

Dihi Doctor

Been a while since I visited CGA - been busy with other things and I'm not a WoW player ;).

Anyway at the moment I mostly play Spring, specifically the XTA mod for Spring, which is a remake of Total Annihilation. Was just wondering if anyone else on here plays it - would be good to have more Christian players on it!

PS - btw the game is FREE, so it might be worth trying out, even if just for the TA nostalgia factor :) http://spring.clan-sy.com

Hope to maybe see some of you guys online. My handle is [CoW]Dihi.

Hm, I may have to add that to my list of games to download and try out. I'm always on the lookout for a high-quality RTS.

Hm, I may have to add that to my list of games to download and try out. I'm always on the lookout for a high-quality RTS.

Well, it's till a work in progress, so the quality is variable. Good tutorials and instructions are currently lacking, but hopefully somebody will make them soon. Until then the best way to learn is to play and spectate games online.

Some of the mods are more developed than others - the XTA mod that comes with the installer is my favourite, since it requires strategy and micromanagement more than the other TA-based mods. It's still under development, though, so it's "quality" should improve soon (it's still not too shabby, but some of the original TA textures and models are still to be updated).

I hope I don't sound too much like I'm advertising :). I just enjoy playing! If you want any help getting started PM me or message me in the game lobby.

It's mostly online multiplayer, although you can play offline sp against AI. (As far as I can tell)

Yeah, there are a few different AIs that you can download to play against (aside from the default one that comes with it), but to be honest they are not that good at the moment. As Lazarus said, it's mostly about online play.

awesome. I'll be getting C&C: Generals and Zero Hour soon so this may be on hold for a bit
Fair enough. Generals is a brilliant game in my opinion, even though it's a few years old. I bought it last summer and really enjoyed playing the single player campaigns and zero hour challenges. I never really got into the multiplayer though.

I've got to take a bit of a break from Spring at the moment to finish my final year of university (project and exams ) :(.

Hehe, downloaded Spring two nights ago... didn't stop playing it till the next morning... which was bad for my project. It brings back the TA feel much better than Supreme Commander does, and it's free. w00tness in a can.

I believe the regular windows installer with the lobby, TA content etc is 29.6Mbyte ;), but then there's the extra maps that you'll need...

Btw, if any of you guys see me online in the lobby, don't forget to drop me a message. My username is [CoW]Dihi

Back