Dedicated server hosting expenses due Sept. 23

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Abba Communications, the Christian Gamers Alliance's dedicated hosting provider, and Hescominsoon recently coordinated to move our forums, web site, and TeamSpeak server from a dual-Pentium 3 server to a dual-Pentium 4 server. Nearly all forum members who replied to a poll posted shortly after the server move reported a noticeable speed increase on the forums.

Abba Communications has kindly offered to give the Alliance a discount on dedicated server hosting if we pay on a yearly billing cycle. If we decide to pay for one year of hosting, we will receive about an 18% discount. Our payment will be due Tuesday, Sept. 23 in the amount of $495 USD.

I won't "rattle the tin cup," nor will I tell you that God will bless you financially for donating to help keep the Christian Gamers Alliance web site, forums, and TeamSpeak server online. He may or He may not; that's not mine to say.

I won't call your donation a "love seed" or use other "Christian-ese" to talk you into donating. We have bills to pay and I believe there are enough active members in the community who believe in our mission and are willing to donate funds to keep this community online.

I will ask that community members who are blessed by these forums and the ability to "meet" on our TeamSpeak server consider donating to help cover our expenses.

For more information on how to donate to the Christian Gamers Alliance, please see this thread.

Thank you.

Last edited:
/bump

This is a reminder that we still need to raise over $300 USD before Sept. 23 to cover a year's worth of dedicated server hosting.

For more information on donating toward to the Alliance, click here.

EDIT: Post #2600!

Last edited:
It's really simple. We have over 2,000 members. if 349 gave a buck we would be set. 5 bucks is the minimum due to processing overhead(if you donate via the forums). I myself have put in quite a bit behind the scenes maintaining the software suite which makes this whole shebang possible. Affiliate leaders, chapter leaders, individual leaders..it comes down to this..do you want the cga to stay online? If so then organize some donation drives....:)

I would love to but as much as I would like to, I am saving money at the moment. I know that saying "best of luck" doesn't chip change in the coffers, but that's all I can offer, along with prayers.

I'll be getting a job in about 3 weeks (when school is done) so I'll be sure to send some money CGA's way.

I was thinking about this last night. We do have a heap of members, i would say we have 50 committed regulars.. maybe more. If each pledged $10 a year, most expenses would be covered.

$10 is saying no to a DVD you want, a magazine or two, a few drinks one night (for those old enough).. Pretty much anyone with any kind of income can find $10 from somewhere. I am sure most people can find much more if they looked hard enough.

Of course some people have literally no money (something i am experiencing right now.. will post a prayer thing shortly)... Hopefully you all go to churches. I am not sure if CAG is a registered charity but i doubt anyone would frown on you holding a basket at the back of your church and plain old begging for some cash.

Talk is cheap...*goes to see if he can remember his paypal account login

Once school is our for me and I can start to rack up the hours at work I will donate.

It's definitely worth it!

I will send one small donation out today and Another LARGER Donation after the first of June, unfortunately I can't give it all now, and I will try to make a Monthly Donation to help ease the costs that many bare for upkeep, Cya all in game :)

Last edited:
*bump

And woohoo to all those who backed what they love. I took advantage of the awesome exchange rate us brits are getting..hahaha

UPDATE: Good news, everyone!

We are now only $25.47 USD short of meeting our goal. Response to the call for donations has been very encouraging. Many thanks go out to everyone who has donated, whether one time or monthly, to help cover expenses.

UPDATE: We've reached our goal!

/me cheers wildly

As of today, we have a total of $512.97 USD in the Alliance accounts. That will pay for our hosting expenses due this September and put a dent in our domain renewal and vBulletin license renewal expenses due early next year.

Thanks again to everyone who donated! I hope to set aside some time to send out individual thank you letters requesting information for our donors "Thank You" thread (which I admit is sorely outdated).

And remember: Even though we met our goal for September, we accept donations year-round to cover our expenses. Ideally, we would have many members donating small amounts ($5-$10 USD) every month to help cover our expenses, that way I don't have to bother anyone with a call for donations. :D

Probably in the wrong spot, but I sent my donation off today through Paypal, I know $50 will help toward the expenses, Cya all soon :)

Sent, already... -_-

*Waits patiently for the update*
I'm sorry, Corp. I know I need to set aside some time to update the "Thank You" list, but this last week was hectic and the first half of this week looks like it'll be fairly busy, too.

I'll get to it!

Back