Death Knight TOO evil for us?

Tranquillus

Welp, I rolled up a DK this morning, and I have to admit, the class is a bit disturbing. I have a lock so I know that blizzards quests and spells can be a bit offputting, but the DK seems even more evil, to the point of being satanic. There is a light hearted feel to everything in wow, even the evil stuff, but with this class it seems that blizzard was trying to co-opt the serious evil feel of warhammer.

My time spent playing my DK, appropriately named Feladin, was limited. I just played in the city, but I felt like I was in a Saw/Hellraiser sequel. I may still play it, thinking that when i get out of the city it will be better, but then again, my gut tells me that its just wrong and my gut is how the holy spirit speaks to me.

what do ya'll think?

I felt some of what it sounds like you felt when I rolled a DK. Did you finish the starting areas? There is a final resolution to this struggle in the storyline which is very cool.

i admit the starting chain for the DK is a bit off. the fact your slaughtering innocent people for no real reason isnt right. the sound effects dont help much ether. that really is a small part in playing a death knight tho, IMO its worth biting your lip to get past and get to 58 then hit up hellfire. but like gobby said, go with your gut.

It is definately a bleak class and I'm not sure how it appropriatly fits in Warcraft Lore. When Blizzard talked about a hero class, this is definatly not what I envisioned. I spent about 30 minutes on one and promptly deleted the toon. More because I'm not levelling yet another toon, which I hate doing.

im going to try one out for maybe pvp but i dont want something like it as a main.... for 1 there are WAY to many runnin around and way to much time into gala to do something like that. For myself i dont think the "dark" part of it really is going to bug me because i know its not real... i just like my huntard to much to throw him away

i'm at a stand still on witch toon i wanna level. i like the hunter, and i dont mean to brag(please let me know if i'm wrong) but i'm quite good with it. i'm in love with my shammy right now, the plan was to make it healing spec even tho he has been DPS all the way threw. then there is the DK. so far i'm not very good with it at all, but i would love to spec it as a tank to have for end game.

like i said right now i'm stuck. i wanna level what the guild will need in the long run so i might acually lean twards the healer since there is rarely a short number of DPS.

thoughts?

thoughts?

In general, yeah, tanks and healers are more in demand than dps. Also, in general, shammy healers in particular have been hard to come by for us.

But having watched this over years now ... leveling your toon solely around forecasted, projected guild needs somehow never works out. Don't play a toon or a spec that's no fun for you (or even "less than optimal fun"), just to get a raid spot ... there's some inevitable chance there'll still end up being a glut of what you have and then you'll be in the same situation and bitter/annoyed to boot. So play what's most fun for you.

Trying to guess right now as how fast everyone will level, what short term role demands there will be for 5-mans, what medium role term demands there will be for 10-mans while everyone is still leveling and gearing up, and what long term role demands there will be when most everyone has hit 80 and it's 25-man raid ties ... could be 3 different answers. And I wouldn't put money betting on an answer to any of them. Even if I gambled. Which I don't.

well masta ill agree. you give me a run for my money in raids and you are good at your class. its up to you though man. Id love to compete against you again at 80 but do w/e you feel is right. Its not like we will beat you and kick you out of the guild if you dont do your hunter.... maybe

i dont have lichking yet due to a mistake from gamestop but i watched my neighbor play a dk and i agree with teh fact that it does go against some of teh christian means but blizzard designed it that way for everyone , and not to offend christians but it appears it has as i found out on teh forums last night.

"teh" once is understandable, but seriously.... 3 times? amazing. :D

<Bad Grammar crits Gilga for 20,000 damage>
<Gilga dies>

See Avesther, Brug is a pre-expansion PALLY of all things and I STILL get one-shot...

honestly after doing the beginning dk quests myself i didnt see that much AHH IM GOING TO TAINT YOUR SOUL stuff. Yeah you run into towns and kill ppl but they fight back and its not like you walk up to innocent children and cut their heads off and laugh. majority of the quest isnt that though...i think there are 2 parts were you kill ppl that arent warriors and thats it.... but then you relize what your doing is evil and you switch sides

Yea, the ending quest scene there you realize who you once were and try to redeem yourself to your respective faction makes it seem fine. My Death Knight might become my actual alt.

Last edited:
It bother me for a little bit, but then I just decided that I was watching a story unfold rather then take it personally. With that mindset, I found the story line rather compelling and interesting. The way that the world changes as you progress, and that you only see DK's that are on the same timeline as you makes it more immersive and fluid. I ended up really enjoying it.

As Ortheas can confirm, I am not one to like gory movies. I can't even watch those silly retro zombie movies or I get nightmares. He warned me about the DK quests and he said I might not like them. I was kind of interested in the story line and even if I don't end up making one my main I kind of want to understand the class more since I'll probably be grouped with one. Anyway, I didn't think it was too bad because I knew that the story line was going to take the character to switching sides so I just watched the story unfold knowing there was a "happy ending". It is actually a positive thing that someone born of evil beginnings (or evil rebirth) can start to think for themselves and say "no, this is wrong!"

It kind of reminded me of the necromongers in Chronicles of Riddick. I really like the Riddick story line because he is kind of an anti-hero. There were necromongers that thought for themselves in that story too. There was one that was from Riddick's home planet who repented from his ways and helped Riddick. That is kind of how I see the DK class, the anti-hero. I'm enjoying it now that I am past the initial starting area. I might even make it an official alt.

Last edited:
It kind of reminded me of the necromongers in Chronicles of Riddick. I really like the Riddick story line because he is kind of an anti-hero. There were necromongers that thought for themselves in that story too. There was one that was from Riddick's home planet who repented from his ways and helped Riddick. That is kind of how I see the DK class, the anti-hero. I'm enjoying it now that I am past the initial starting area. I might even make it an official alt.

good movie

Back