Connection issues.

I would place no value in those warnings personally.

right now the only thing i am seeing form any machine is some latency at your gateway router..all routes to your ip form the machines i tested form route through sprintlink.

Last edited:
because those warnings aren't going to mean anything..they are just guessing..guesses don't help.

I am showing loss at your gateway router which means anything after that is not able to be relied on..if your gateway is loosing packets then the traces after that are going to be suspect due to icmp always being at the lowest priority for router processing. Until the gateway clears no other hops after that can be relied upon to be accurate.

also again..pingplotter runs inside of windows which means you are using windows icmp packets..those are automatically sent to the bottom of hte queue due to their potentially bad payloads and their non-standard packet sizes. A 50% loss is too much to be attributable to QOS though..

Last edited:
I am showing loss at your gateway router which means anything after that is not able to be relied on..if your gateway is loosing packets

You mean here: ubr-7246-gige-0-1.tvscable.com ? (I'm showing 30-50% loss right now)

Last edited:
that depends on the direction..i was replying to your photobucket plot..now heading from the outside in the ubr is your gateway router yes.

in terms of your photobucket plot gw-7206-gige-0-2.tvscable.com is your edge router ..:)

right now heading form linux boxes to you i don't hit any kind of loss until after your ubr..what is your current ip?

FYI want to know what a ubr looks like?..<G>

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/cable/ps2209/

Last edited:
Once again, my connection is back to normal (It's the time-frame from 8 est pm-1am that's a problem)

wow that is some loss Danny. I should have said when I posted that url it will be busy for some time. They just released it and it will be generating good results for weeks but if you can get in, you might find if they are doing any packet shaping though honestly it won't help. The other option to try, again its just an option, use a soft vpn (http://hotspotshield.com/). I can vouch for it. It might put you through another gateway to wow and more importantly, if they are doing funky shaping, this vpn will "fix" it.

Dial up/sat is the only other option. And Sat is pretty horrible for gaming (1000ms up)

Some do ok with dial up for most content. But in the end, the better choice is still Tvscable.com considering everything we use it for (Not just gaming). We are losing good service for about 5-6 hours per day atm. Others have it much worse (No net for days) So hopefully..the complaints on their message board with have a cumulative impact.. We will see. While I don't have a better choice atm... Others have DSL available to them..and are about to walk..

So I've pretty much done all I'm going to do on my end. My isp has an over-load/capacity problem, plain and simple. They need to address it on their end and if need be contact their backbone makeup and complain.

Their message board is getting full with ppl having the same issue, during the same time frame. (decrease in dl speeds by 50-80%, latency issues etc etc) So maybe something will be done. They have contacted me and we are working out a time-frame when they can come up. (To rule some other things out I suppose..though I'm predicting it will solve anything..It's a start at least..)

Anyways, thanks for the advice to all who contributed.

I am sad to hear that and the fact you are left with no options. You have my sympathy. I hope their management deems it important to fix before they tank. Here is a speed test I did from my connection, it is from Edmonton (where I live) to some server in Calgary. I choose something close to demonstrate the speed and show off speedtest.net which is a great tool in keeping your ISP honest about the "posted" rates you are paying for.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/404621105.png

I have options, just no good ones atm for wow - (During peak hours) I can still play before 8pm est. I'm not to bothered really.. If I'm bothered at all it's because I might have to leave my naxx group. (That's about the extent of my play time atm, though I do log to test latency (Window mode) and to be an officer presence for a few hours per day)

They did send a tech out finally..so we will see where that leads. It's not going to be fixed over-night..(If it gets fixed) but I guess they are at least doing more troubleshooting..

My DL speeds are typically good.. but I have noticed lately my 6k falling to 3k during peak hours.

Adam, what speed package are you paying for?

This test I just ran (I use this site often) but it's 4 am EST. (I have the 6meg down, 512 up package) I'd already have the 10 meg package, but..the poor service has shut that down.

Last edited:
Technically a 3Mbps down and 512Kbps up, but they are giving me a 6Mbps down and 1Mbps up for free. My download speed seems a bit poor but it is the upload we have been noticing as more and more of our accounts have been active at the same time (still no where near the limit).

Well after several months and multiple ppl (including myself) sending in evidence packages..my isp is finally admitting the problem is on their end. They have also agreed to cut my bill in half until the issue is resolved. I was right, it's a capacity issue.

The issue has gotton worse in the past 2 days during peak hours so we may not be on during the 6:30-11:30 server time hours.

Man, I'm glad to hear at the very least they are admitting it. Sorry it may you two from us in prime time. Hope it is temporary.

Back