Competition Team Offical Tryout Info

I just got a whacky idea:

When I read exodus's post about a well thrown grenade, it made me think ... yes it IS an art. Which brought to my mind, what if ToJ held 1 day classes for things of the such. Something like ... Saturday, November 22nd "Nade tossing". And then someone that is experienced in that area, teach 5-10, however many people the subject for that class. I like the idea, and I'd be more than willing to be one of the teachers. Let me know what you think.

*thinks even more*

you know... how cool would a grenade only map be?

grenade king has a nice ring to it since goose edged me out on shottie king ;)

Translation:

Exodus's word for DOMINATION is "edged", lol.

There is a grenade only map ... it's kinda cool too. There's a ton of grenade icons laying on the floor in the big square room, with a huge piece of glass spliting the room in two. There's enough room to throw grenades over to the other side. It's pretty fun, but can get old, like any map.

Theres also a "grenade only" mod where if it comes down to a 1v1 the two people get unlimited nades and can't switch to guns. Its quite fun to watch
cool.gif

there's a map dif then the one goose described called he_dodgeball where youre in a gymnasium full of nades =o

How do you figure? Only 8 showed up for tryouts. Exo is looking for more around 12-15. If anything I learned about competition teams is that it is better to field a full team than to be short a couple of players even if the team is made up of the best players. You play with the likes of Goose, Whon, Cresh and the others and hands down your game will improve. So don't let your first tryout discurage you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Plankeye @ Nov. 22 2003,7:08)]How do you figure?  Only 8 showed up for tryouts.  Exo is looking for more around 12-15. If anything I learned about competition teams is that it is better to field a full team than to be short a couple of players even if the team is made up of the best players.  You play with the likes of Goose, Whon, Cresh and the others and hands down your game will improve.  So don't let your first tryout discurage you.
That makes me feel better.  Yea I was playing for the most part horrible, but im sure I can improve.  I honestly wasnt expecting myself to be that outstanding after being without cs for 2+ months (thanks to steam not working in my area
sad.gif
).  Are we gonna be holding another tryout to get some more people?

he_tennis
he_dodgeball

Those are the maps you're talking about. Whon and I could do a scout class probably. Thats always been my favorite weapon.

Sorry I couldn't make it mates, my dad got to feeling better on Friday morning so we went with our orginal plans to go out of town deer hunting. I had a great time and hopefully Ill make it to the alternate tryouts (which I hope to be soon *cough *cough). I hope to see a solid team arise soon.

-Dead_Aim

Back