Community Update - 2/16/06

Alizak

Sleestack
Good Morning Troops,

Patch 1.2 is out and we hope you are all enjoying the changes. For the most part, the initial response from the community has been very positive. We’re pleased to be able to make your gameplay experience more pleasant.

The next big addition to Battlefield will be the Battlefield: Euro Force booster pack, which will be released on February 21st. In addition to the release of Euro Force, we are preparing an updated version of the editor for release at roughly the same time.

On a less pleasant note, there is an issue with 1.2 and some Special Forces maps. All variants of Leviathan and the 32 and 64 player variants of Night Flight have a crash bug. We have advised our ranked server providers to remove these maps from their map rotation until a resolution has been set in place. We will be able to provide more news in future updates. I stress, this is only an issue with the Special Forces expansion pack and nothing more.

There have been a few comments regarding AT rockets passing through targets. We have noted the issue and are working towards a solution.

Please post your opinions if you want to.

I've had a few AT rockets pass through vehicles. I've also seen SF maps crash every now and then. At least they are aware of these things and hopefully they will patch the patch soon. It would also be nice if they would fix the bug that shows a friendly as an enemy. That one's lost me some points multiple times.

Back