Collection of Sega Genesis games coming free to PSN+

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
So, after getting Sonic the Hedgehog free a little while ago with trophy support, and signing in yesterday to get Sonic 2 the same way, I thought to myself "I wonder if something is up with this?".

Low and behold, here is the schedule for releases. $4.99, free for PSN+ users. Can't wait for Comix Zone - hope the trophies involve playing the game WITHOUT the cheats.

Sonic the Hedgehog – Available March 1 – April 5
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 – Available April 5 – May 3
Streets of Rage 2 – Available May 3 – May 31
Golden Axe 2 – Available May 31 – July 5
Comix Zone – Available July 5 – August 2
Altered Beast – Available August 2 – August 30

PSN+ is awesome. Best money I've spent in a long time.

Hear hear to Plus being awesome. Gotta love Genesis games, too.

But, awesome as this is, I still gotta get Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. After all, there's no Phantasy Star or Shining Force on this list.

Still, after playing the first Sonic and going "WHERE IS MY SPEED ROLL?" (haven't played the first one in forever), I'm quite glad the second one is now available (having been the one I played the most back in the day).

Needs more Knuckles, though. :p

Yup, Sonic Genesis Collection is a must. Tons of games well worth the playthrough (Shining Force, Phantasy Star, Golden Axe Warrior). The trophies are fun - most of them only require playing a game for a little bit, so it encourages you to try the games you missed and didn't realize how good they were.

The millionaire trophy for Sonic Spinball was very fun if you don't abuse saves.

Remind me, if I get Plus again, do I get the backlog of free titles? I only did 3 months of it, but I haz no money for it again until the semester's done. xD

Remind me, if I get Plus again, do I get the backlog of free titles? I only did 3 months of it, but I haz no money for it again until the semester's done. xD

No, you do not get $300+ of free titles by getting a new sub. You could, however, start up a sub again and get in on the next $300 worth of stuff.

I understand we have a lot of cheap folks (and trust me, I'm cheap too) on here, which is why I think it's important we spend our money wisely. I can't think of much out there that I've felt has been a better value. :)

Another question that may be of important to Keero-san and potentially others: Would he regain access to the Plus items he had in a previous sub if he started his sub again now, or would he be starting with a clean slate?

Another question that may be of important to Keero-san and potentially others: Would he regain access to the Plus items he had in a previous sub if he started his sub again now, or would he be starting with a clean slate?

Yes, he'd regain access.

Also note that only the free PSN games (though arguably the best part) if your subscription lapses. Free wallpapers, PS1 games, minis, avatars, etc are there to keep forever.

Yes, he'd regain access.

Also note that only the free PSN games (though arguably the best part) if your subscription lapses. Free wallpapers, PS1 games, minis, avatars, etc are there to keep forever.
Any idea on games purchased with a Plus discount? Do you retain access to those even if you let your sub expire?

Won't even be a concern for me for a year... or so... but others may find it helpful to know.

Any idea on games purchased with a Plus discount? Do you retain access to those even if you let your sub expire?

Won't even be a concern for me for a year... or so... but others may find it helpful to know.

Definitely. Only thing affected are totally free games. I'd wager I've paid about half of my plus sub just from discounts.

Another thing to note; if you're looking to take my advice and get an extended warranty on an older console - Plus has a $15 discount on the 2 year plan. So just for that reason you could get a monthly sub.

Back