Co-GL Election Time: Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bestbw

Hello all Redeemed,

The triannual clock has turned and it's time to for a co-Guild Leader election! To refresh everyone on what's going on, we have 3 co-GLs in Redeemed on a rotating schedule (kinda like U.S. Senators) so every 4 months there's a election for one of the spots. Sadly, Cassadine's time of serving is up.

Thus, everyone will get one vote and one co-GL will be elected (to assist Shagz and Reco). The highest vote-getter will get a one-year term, through August 2011.

The eligibility rules remains the same as our last few elections:
• The member must be 21 years of age OR older
• The member must have been a Christian for 3 to 5 years
• The member must not be an immediate family member of another Guild Leader
• The member needs to have been an active asset to Redeemed for the past year
• They need to have been involved in some form of Christian Leadership before

[Note: these requirements are intentionally vague. We leave it up to individual nominees to self-identify whether they meet both the letter and the spirit of these rules ... if we get into "legalistic" debates about any individual qualifications that pretty much in and of itself indicates that they shouldn't be a candidate ... but we dont' want to go there].

What's a co-GL do, you might ask? Really, it's providing overall leadership to the guild. There are administrative duties (setting up forum access, maintaining the "guild control" settings within the game, holding elections). There are organizational duties (deciding what officer/leadership slots are needed, deciding who should fill them, recruiting people into the roles). There are vision duties (setting guild priorities, trying to maintain "balance" in the guild between competing goals, maintaining relationships with other guilds and with ToJ). There are mediation duties ... resolving disputes between guild members and between officers. And lastly, there are discipline obligations ... when a guild member's failure to follow guild standards or rules means that some form of discipline, up to and including /gkick, is appropriate. Most decisions and actions are coordinated with the guild's appointed officers. But ultimately ... the co-GLs run the guild. So this isn't a popularity contest or a puffery title ... this is choosing the ultimate stewards of the guild, and thus a serious thing.

Any guild member can nominate someone for co-GL -- either by posting in this thread, or via PM to Reco (Recosuave) or Shagz (bestbw). Every nominee will be contacted by Reco and/or Shagz to see if they desire to run for the office of Guild Leader and they plan to fulfill the role if elected. To streamline the process, it would help if you contact a candidate to make sure they're interested and qualified before you nominate them ... but that's not a requirement by any means.

The election process/timeline will proceed as follows:
• Nominations will be open until Friday, August 13th @ 8pm server/Pacific time.
• Once all nominations are set we will take some time to interview each candidate to ensure they meet the qualifications, but hopefully we'll get it done in a less than a week, such that tentatively the candidate list will be final by Tuesday, August 24th.
• Elections would then be open through Tuesday, August 31st, with results announced soon thereafter. Elections will be done via in-game mail with details to follow later.

Please contact Reco or myself if you have any questions about the process.

Current Nominations
Cassadine - Declined
Flamethrøwer
Shadowbill
Goodwone - Declined
Pneumatikos - Declined

Last edited:
After a lot of time praying and thinking about running for guild leader I decided I'd give it a shot again. Redeemed is a great guild and serves a vital role in World of Warcraft. It's important to have a clear direction and spiritual leadership for Redeemed to succeed.

With that being said I think either Flame or I could fill that position successfully and honor God while doing so. Most of you know me and Flame as well and I urge you to pray over your decision on who to vote for as one of the new guild leaders.

Now... on to the playful ribbing!

My opponent stated that I wouldn't make a good candidate because my main is a Night Elf... For shame!!! We need a candidate who understands and embraces the racial differences of our guild. I am that candidate! I am running on a platform of hope and change!

hope.jpg

Last edited:
I saw the poster.... and I threw up in my mouth a little. :)

When is Tots's "Shadowbill Girl" video going to make it up on Youtube?

(wonders how long it will be before Shagz realizes he need to lock this thread... :) )

So that's the poster u and Shagz were talking about. I thought u were running to be a politician or something... LOL

When is Tots's "Shadowbill Girl" video going to make it up on Youtube?

(wonders how long it will be before Shagz realizes he need to lock this thread... :) )

Nah, I'll let this one go until its time to post the candidates' "vote for me" speeches. Or until there's too much spam - which is more likely to happen first.

Hey everyone - it's shaping up to be a fun election between myself and Bill. While we are going to be doing some playful back-and-forth, I wanted to be serious for a moment. I really think that the guild leaders we've had in place have done a fantastic job, and it would be both an honor and a challenge to help the guild in this way. Jesus had set an example for his disciples and for all of us by becoming a servant to them and washing their feet. I have spent time with many of you over the months and years - from cutting edge raiding to blowing stuff up to slow-fall jumping off of the highest place we can find - and I can truly say that it's been an honor and a privilege to help and serve my guild mates during this time. Regardless of the outcome of the election, I look forward to continuing to serve all of you in the future!

Now, on to the mock campaign:

I've had my campaign's lead graphic designer (he also moonlights as my opponent) design my campaign poster (all credit goes to Shadowbill):

myposter.jpg

I've noticed that my opponent has been deliberately misinterpreting my comments in order to create a racial issue in this election. Let it be known that this is NOT my intention. Yes, my opponent is a Night Elf. I am sure that will in NO WAY hinder his decision-making capabilities.

However - what kind of leader are you looking for? When in the heat of battle - would you rather have an intelligent leader (I have a 5% bonus to my intellect and am a Grand Master of Gnomish Engineering), or would you want a leader that will run and hide when things get dangerous (shadowmeld)? Something to think about...

Well, this election is very entertaining.

Here's the process from here on out:

1) Each of the candidates has post in this thread a short statement about why they'd like to be co-GL.

2) On Thursday 8/26, I'll add to this post, voting instructions for everyone. Voting will be done via in-game mail, running Thursday 8/26 through Tuesday 8/31/10.

3) The candidate with the highest vote total will be elected co-GL for a term running until September 2011.

While the feeble attempt to smear my character was very entertaining - it was obviously a look-alike hired to confuse people into thinking I am given to alcohol! Is this what you want - a sneaky, shadowmelding, photoshopping NIGHT ELF in a position of leadership!? I think not!

Now - I'm not the sort of person to go digging around for dirt in someone's past, but once this came to my attention, I just could not let it stand - and nor should any Azerothian. I have it from a very good source that Shadowbill was not even born in Azeroth! That's right folks - he is unable to prove that he is an Azerothian citizen! I demand that you come forward with a VALID birth certificate to prove your heritage.

On a completely unrelated note, I'd like to be promoted to Birth Certificate Hander Outer and Validater.

I was the human candidate but I had to drop out of the race due to the scandal that rocked my campaign.

I tried to sell my current leadership position to the highest bidder.

oh my goodness, campaigns bring everyone out, a real live tree sighting! though im still trying to figure out his pic. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back